Resistance Was Futile - None Blacker AX-8 Inbound...

Fractal doesn't give stuff away. They are a small company. They want your friendship, but they also want you invested in the tools you love. Have you ever been given something for free to not treat it with the love and care as if you purchased it yourself. Hence the reason I don't loan anything of mine to anybody else. I'm just glad that Scott is chiming in again. for some of us old guys around here, Scott was a fixture, I learned a lot from him over the years. There was another thread yesterday about new people joining the fold, and I said I love it, but I also miss the folks who just don't come around much anymore. Oh well. Scott Enjoy your new Tool. I sure love mine.

if i may suggest, maybe let's not guess who is getting "free" stuff and the reasons why. much of the few guesses in here are inaccurate. there's also really no "ranking" either. there are so many helpful people who are vital to Fractal's development and customer outreach. we all have different schedules and responsibilities; some help more, some help less, some helped before, some help now, etc. guessing who and why get/have what will just lead to some weird ranking thing that just doesn't exist :) thanks.

... can't wait! Stay tuned!
Dude! It's awwwwwwweeeeeeesome! Can't beat the size-to-power ratio. And it's a perfect backup to the "big rig". For strange reasons I've been AFII-free for a week and a half now and haven't really missed it with the AX8 there to fill in on the gigs and rehearsals.

I'm around, I do post, just not as much. Many people already post the answer here before I get a chance in most every case anyway. I'm set on the B rig - aka 'little rig' with the Amplifire ('none smaller') and am hoping the AX-8 can be a replacement choice for the A rig for live work and regulate the current A rig big boy (AXFII XL/MFC Mark III) to recording rig. You cannot beat the USB recording capability of the AFXII and it's been my 'go-to' since forever. I am not fond of lugging the 4 space rack and big pedalboard around anymore. The chance to have an A rig complete with all the stuff I love about the AFXII all just on one big board? That's a win.

I've been playing Fractal based rigs since 2007; that's not about to change though I do own other gear and do use other gear at the same time.

I've programmed hundreds of AFX rigs and have gotten so many requests to program AX-8's remotely which I have not done because I don't have one. It's been frustrating turning down work. I do programming and fast tracking as a side line (not connected to Fractal Audio in any way whatsoever) and the bulk of that is remote via Skype and programming with the editor on the remote computer. No AX-8 has been an issue for quite some time now in that regard.

@Scott Peterson do you do remote programming for us little folks as well, or just bigger name folks? I'm just curious because I know of a few people who would be down for that kind of help from someone with your experience with the Fractal gear.

@Scott Peterson do you do remote programming for us little folks as well, or just bigger name folks? I'm just curious because I know of a few people who would be down for that kind of help from someone with your experience with the Fractal gear.
I am pretty sure as long as the money converts to US currency anyone can higher him lol

I work with anyone as long as I can discuss what they want/need first and I am sure I can help them. If I cannot, I do not waste anyone's time. I call what I do 'fast tracking' and it's more 'teach a man to fish' than anything else. With most people I work with, they 'get it' pretty fast once I show them a method of approaching the box and they use what I do as a leaping point and get self sufficient.

BTW - so far the AX8 is a killer solution. FIrst gig down with it; stellar performing unit. I'm doing gig testing the next month and then I'll be doing a full review and get to doing some real world how-to videos after I've worked with some people programming their AX8.

It's sweet, ain't it, Scott? The AX8 is the only thing I take anywhere unless I need some really esoteric stuff (I still can't produce an acceptable imitation of the factory Solar Eclipse preset).

Loving mine too....anyone figure out if the Capricorn setting from the AXE FX earlier series is capable of being done on a AX-8....i love that

Back
Top Bottom