Reload presets?

Gasp100

Power User
It seems that all of my test patches have a very brittle and crispy top end that is crackling through my Atomic CLR. I had 12.03beta and noticed so I updated to 12.05beta and still seems a little off. I did a parameter reset but I'm wondering if I should (and if it's safe) to reload all of the latest versions of the banks to basically get me back to default?
Any other suggestions?
I guess I do this using Fractal Bot?
Many amps are "breaking up" in a somewhat unnatural way, I can't get the AC30TB clean at all with input gain around 1.5, MV at 10 and level around -3.5.
I've tested program material through my Atomic CLR which is crystal clear, my G3 with the same guitar at similar or even higher volumes and there is a little breakup playing hard on buckers, but nothing like what I'm getting from the AxeFX.

Try a System Reset (warning this will overwrite any changes you have made to the system settings).

Or just look at the system settings like: Power Amp Modeling and Cabinet Modeling and make sure they are "on".

Don't know if this is relevant, from the 12.03 release notes:

"NOTE: Due to the changes in the feedback values described above retrieving individual Delay or Multi-Delay blocks from other presets via Recall->Effect can cause incorrect values to be loaded. To avoid this it is recommended to update all presets. This can be accomplished using the Update All Presets function in the Utility->Preset menu. This will recall then save each preset, formatting the data using the latest preset protocol."

Danny W.

I had the same thing happen to me with 12.03b (using CLRs as well)
The first thing I tried was the parameter reset, no joy for me there. Some of my patches even disappeared...
Next I tried Yek's Wicked Wiki post:

WICKED WIKI 16
"A VIRGIN AXE-FX II"
******** (THANK YOU Yek!) *********

and reset my box back to a 'virgin' state. I backed up all my presets and then...
a) Cleared all presets
b) Loaded 11.5 firmware
c) Ran clean_system_v11.syx
d) Cleared ALL user cabs
e) Upgraded to 12.0.3b5 (I'm on 12.0.3 release now.. I LOVE this box!!!)
f) Restored presets, etc...
This worked for me but I agree, it's the Nuclear option. Love to hear if you clear it up another way!

Yek's post is easily found by searching the forum. Jim

Let's see, I have already rev'd back to 12.02, reinstalled the preset files (v11?) that were online, used the reset banks as listed above.... still kind of wonky sounding? Now I upgraded back to 12.03.5 and then used that onboard feature to load all presets. Basically I have not problem making this AxeFX II virgin again, I bought it used... but it used to be mine lol! I will keep you posted!

The first thing I tried was the parameter reset, no joy for me there. Some of my patches even disappeared...

WICKED WIKI 16
"A VIRGIN AXE-FX II"

and reset my box back to a 'virgin' state. I backed up all my presets and then...
a) Cleared all presets
b) Loaded 11.5 firmware
d) Cleared ALL user cabs
This worked for me but I agree, it's the Nuclear option. Love to hear if you clear it up another way!

I'm quite certain I need to do this... many of the volumes on the presets are completely whacked at this point and some of the presets are definitely corrupt. Where do I find the utility to "clear all presets" and clean_system?

Gasp,
First, here is the link to Wicked Wiki 16:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/77576-wicked-wiki-16-virgin-axe-fx-ii.html

Second:
First try the solution Danny W gave you... I should have tried that first!

------------------
"Don't know if this is relevant, from the 12.03 release notes:

"NOTE: Due to the changes in the feedback values described above retrieving individual Delay or Multi-Delay blocks from other presets via Recall->Effect can cause incorrect values to be loaded. To avoid this it is recommended to update all presets. This can be accomplished using the Update All Presets function in the Utility->Preset menu. This will recall then save each preset, formatting the data using the latest preset protocol."

Danny W."
--------------------

...I can't get the AC30TB clean at all with input gain around 1.5, MV at 10...
Then turn down your input gain or MV. :)

A little breakup isn't unusual at those settings, especially if you've got Bright engaged.

WICKED WIKI 16
"A VIRGIN AXE-FX II"

a) Cleared all presets
b) Loaded 11.5 firmware
d) Cleared ALL user cabs

I will get rid of my Axe rather than do this for a firmware update!!!!

Shred, it takes all of ten minutes!
The new 'Update all presets' function takes 15 seconds.

I'd never get rid of mine (AxeFXII), I'd replace it immediately if it were lost, stolen, or broken... and I just love all the updates Cliff has given us over the two years I've owned one. His constant pursuit of perfection makes my favorite pastime more fun with each firmware upgrade.
Thank you Cliff!!!

Shred,
Sweet, send it my way :roll Thankfully, this isn't necessary for 99% of the users...the vast majority of updates take less than a couple of minutes total.

I will have to do more testing, I tried a simple USA clean patch with input gain around 3 and MV back about 8 and level close to 0 and that sounded pretty good (thru studio monitors).
So for cleans we are looking at very low input gain, especially on an amp with bright engaged and also possibly backing down the MV and making up levels using the level control?
BTW I don't recall seeing "update all presets", I was using restore factory bank A,B,C (I want the II as clean as possible before tweaking.

I believe it is my Atomic CLR :(
Similar crackle / breakup during an acoustic / keyboard / PA setup through the CLR last night. I have a note in to Tom, we'll get it sorted out.
This USA Clean is set Input Gain = 3, MV = 8.5, Level = -2 and I have a compressor in front with output level = +1.
That sounds fine (and amazing!) even with my humbucker guitar so that will be my base for all patches (volume wise).
Thanks!

Ugh.... something is still wrong. I'm just picking random presets (modern Eddie, etc...) and the sound is fading in/our dramatically for no reason, no GATE setup either. I'm clearing all banks using the file in the troubleshooting section, then reving back to v 11 (if I can find it), then using the system reset syx and then reimporting all banks. Hoping this works. And yes, something is up with the CLR too... Dammit! Gigged last night and another big one next Saturday!

It was very strange, some presets were SUPER LOUD bursting the outputs (BAD for example) and others with any gain were fading in and out as if some type of limiter or compressor was on it. I mentioned the cleans weren't exactly clean, I now see that AC30 is actually a pretty dirty beast so that is not a good example.
Here is what I did:
Cleaned all banks using the file in the troubleshooting sticky
Cleaned system (I found a thread where Cliff mentioned this could be used on v12... I could not find V11 to rev back to)
Upgraded 12.03.5beta to 12.03 production which is now on the main site :)
Installed all of the new V12 presets banks from the main site using the ALL PRESETS bank transfer
Now using some quick testing through phones things seems to be normal (well, the Bogner blues seem to be exceptional!). There is a JTM Lead patch that worries me because it's thin and raspy as sh*t (at least with my guitars) but I'll try more over the weekend, I think I am golden.
I'm really starting with a blank slate which is what I wanted.
Now I need to retest this CLR bigtime and see what's doing. Thanks!

Gasp,
First, here is the link to Wicked Wiki 16:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/77576-wicked-wiki-16-virgin-axe-fx-ii.html

Second:
First try the solution Danny W gave you... I should have tried that first!

------------------
"Don't know if this is relevant, from the 12.03 release notes:

Danny W."
--------------------

Yes this fixed most of my volume issues dropping on some presets...reset alone didn't fix it... But Danny's trick did it.

Back
Top Bottom