Reducing/Eliminating EMF

Shamash

I've always had problems with EMF in my home. Is there a way to reduce or eliminate EMF with the AX8?

This is what it sounds like. The noise is almost as loud as the signal. A gate helps, but the noise is so bad that you can hear it between notes.

You can reduce it to some extent by shielding your guitar or relocating to a different room, but the only effective way is to hunt it down and kill it at the source.

I've always had problems with EMF in my home. Is there a way to reduce or eliminate EMF with the AX8?

This is what it sounds like. The noise is almost as loud as the signal. A gate helps, but the noise is so bad that you can hear it between notes.

I had exactly the same problem. I shielded my pickup/output jack cavities and pickguards , it eliminated most of it.

Sounds like a ground loop hum? Might want to try an Ebtech Hum Eliminator. I have a couple we use for gigs and place when necessary. They will knock a lot of noise out.

Are you playing single coil pickups?

Sounds like a ground loop hum? Might want to try an Ebtech Hum Eliminator. I have a couple we use for gigs and place when necessary. They will knock a lot of noise out.

Are you playing single coil pickups?

I've tried it and it does not help. It's not a ground loop issue. I play a PRS SE SVN, a Chapman Ghost Fret and a Gibson Flying V, and it's the same issue.

You can reduce it to some extent by shielding your guitar or relocating to a different room, but the only effective way is to hunt it down and kill it at the source.

I moved from the basement to my living room, and there is no noise at all. I have my stuff next to the HVAC, so maybe that's it.

I moved from the basement to my living room, and there is no noise at all. I have my stuff next to the HVAC, so maybe that's it.
Cool.

If you’re so inclined, you could,go back to the basement, and use your guitar as a noise sweeper, moving it around until you find a spot where it’s really loud. Maybe it’ll be something you can turn off.

HVAC are using frequency converters for regulating. Don't look any further, current harmonic distortion can easily go up to 80% being a real source for coupling HF du/dt distortion wave to your guitar stringas & PU. Send the sound file and check with the HVAC OEM brand for a correct netfilter. Install it and the issue will be cleared.

Back
Top Bottom