AFIII RedSeven D100 Pre with Axe FX III as power amp.

Hey guys! After watching one of @2112 's videos on ideas for using the Fractal as a power amp, I made a preset and recorded this video. Really cool ways to use different sounds. First tones are using the Tube Pre in the amp block, but using the power amp emulation of fender amps. For the gainier tones, Tube Pre in amp block but using the power amp of JCM800. Pairing it with different cabs really gives a whole new experience to using rack preamps!

Really like your tones...and if I understand you right you are only just using the Tube Pre in the amp block without an amp?

Really like your tones...and if I understand you right you are only just using the Tube Pre in the amp block without an amp?
Right…. So the analog preamp into input 1, then in the chain I open an amp block, and I assign the “tube pre” model. I remember reading somewhere that the tone stack is passive, so if you dont tweak anything in the first page, it works great as a power amp platform. Then I use the impedance curve and power amp modeling of whichever amp I want to model. Ill post a preset later

Right…. So the analog preamp into input 1, then in the chain I open an amp block, and I assign the “tube pre” model. I remember reading somewhere that the tone stack is passive, so if you dont tweak anything in the first page, it works great as a power amp platform. Then I use the impedance curve and power amp modeling of whichever amp I want to model. Ill post a preset later
Makes sense and also explains the headroom you are able to achieve...look forward to see how you configured this in a preset. I have always felt like many of the amp models start to lose headroom as the gain starts to get aggressvie, especially with a drive on top of the pre-amp. Appreciate your insight.

Makes sense and also explains the headroom you are able to achieve...look forward to see how you configured this in a preset. I have always felt like many of the amp models start to lose headroom as the gain starts to get aggressvie, especially with a drive on top of the pre-amp. Appreciate your insight.
I just gotta go back and put some stock cabs, because I was using a lot of York Audio cabs I purchased which won't open whenever someone tries the preset. I'll try to do it tonight!

When you post the preset make sure you throw in the "talent" block as a bonus!

Back
Top Bottom