Rediscovered the Twin

philipacamaniac

Fractal Fanatic
I've been so focused on Class A style amps (DC30, AC15, Maz38) that I've completely ignored the Fender amps since the all the most recent modeling updates (going back to 6.0 at least).

But WOW does the Twin ("Double Verb") sound really good now, especially when driven by the BB Pre. You can easily lose several hours noodling.

Here's a recording of an idea I came up with during such a jam. I played the main clean hook with a Tele into a DC30, but the tremolo rhythm and all the chunky stuff is an LP Special into a Twin. Mostly only using the BB Pre for drive.

That clip was awesome, I'm going to check out those presets when I get home tonight!

Thanks man! To be clear, I didn't use any factory presets, including the new factory presets. What I used were "amp-specific" presets that I built while going through Yek's guide. But the amps sound so good, I'm sure you'll hear awesomesauce from any factory preset!

Thanks man! To be clear, I didn't use any factory presets, including the new factory presets. What I used were "amp-specific" presets that I built while going through Yek's guide. But the amps sound so good, I'm sure you'll hear awesomesauce from any factory preset!
Ok cool thanks for the clarification, I'll check out Yek's post then I'm getting more comfortable with editing amps since Smittfar's scene tutorial actually ended up with great custom sounding Marshall stack that very close to mine just wish I had more time to play with it. cheers DaveO!

Double Verb VIB, which is a '66 blackface into the Vibrato (tremolo) channel. I think the Input Drive was around 3 or 4 and I touched the BMT controls a bit. It was hot enough to get some breakup on the bridge pickups of both my LP Special and Tele, but clean on the necks. I imagine it would be deafening in real life.

For tremmy stuff, it was a medium spring reverb into an envelope controlled tremolo, both in front of the amp. For the crunchy stuff, the reverb switched to a light ambience, trem goes away and a BB Pre kicks in.

I'll post up the Twin and DC30 presets when I get home.

Double Verb VIB, which is a '66 blackface into the Vibrato (tremolo) channel. I think the Input Drive was around 3 or 4 and I touched the BMT controls a bit. It was hot enough to get some breakup on the bridge pickups of both my LP Special and Tele, but clean on the necks. I imagine it would be deafening in real life.

For tremmy stuff, it was a medium spring reverb into an envelope controlled tremolo, both in front of the amp. For the crunchy stuff, the reverb switched to a light ambience, trem goes away and a BB Pre kicks in.

I'll post up the Twin and DC30 presets when I get home.
Which cab do you use?

OK here is my noodling tonight as I finally had some spare time with the AX8 hope its not two obnoxious :)

I've been so focused on Class A style amps (DC30, AC15, Maz38) that I've completely ignored the Fender amps since the all the most recent modeling updates (going back to 6.0 at least).

But WOW does the Twin ("Double Verb") sound really good now, especially when driven by the BB Pre. You can easily lose several hours noodling.

Here's a recording of an idea I came up with during such a jam. I played the main clean hook with a Tele into a DC30, but the tremolo rhythm and all the chunky stuff is an LP Special into a Twin. Mostly only using the BB Pre for drive.

Man that sounds really great. Very tasty

Here's the DC30 preset, which I used for the main clean hook with the delay. Drive at 4, BMT at noon and everything else default. Level to taste. The DC30 and the Twin are a very complementary matchup (and/or the AC30 + Deluxe Reverb... you get the idea).

No scenes in this one. Just a DC30, an analog-style dotted 8th delay into the front of the amp, and light studio reverb.

NOTE: I used Ownhammer 212 VXT GOLD OH1-04 for this preset (I actually use that IR for all my Class A presets). For this shared version, I've linked Factory Cab 119, a 1x12 AC-20 Mix. It's as close as I can get with a factory cab but it doesn't have quite the same chime or response.

Attachments

• Matchless DC30.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom