• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Rediscovered the Twin

artzeal

Inspired
In the tradition of a using a Fender Twin and pedals, there are vast soundscapes in the AX8.

Try the Normal Twin on X for that classic Fender clean, and the Silverface Twin on Y with the drive and sag up to the point where its on the edge of breaking up with some bounce. With an OD pedal it gives a crunchier (X) or smoother (Y) tone with the same pedal settings.

Since there are two Drive Blocks X/Y, there are 4 drive pedal options. Loads of fun.

Some cabinet options I favor with the Twins are: #20 for Strat or P90s, 21 for HB, and 91 for more "amp in the room" as it seems to have more bloom than 20/21: I also put together stereo cabs from factory cabs #142/140 and #142/84 (142 = 1x12 DLX J12-PR MIX, 140 = 1x12 DLX ALN-SLV MIX, 084 = 1x12 DIVISION 13 G12M Mix - not authentic perse - but nice with pedals).

Drive type and status and effects: delay, trem, chorus, rotary, and reverb conveniently configured with scenes. That's a cartload of tonal flexibility in one preset. Makes it easy to just copy the preset and make those obsessive tweaks for variant songs, different guitars, etc.

As for pedal choices: Everyone has their favorites: that's a thread in itself.

... starting to ramble now... should go play...

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
I think this clip sucks. It sucks because it reminded me that I have never successfully gotten a tone I like from any American style clean amp. I never have any time to create new tones but if I do I will give America another chance

Top Bottom