Rediscovered CA3+ Clean. What's your fav clean?

Hello!
What setting could I extract this sound from?
Would you help?
That's a beautiful sound! I really like this type of sound!
Thanks!
Of course, happy to help!
Begin with standard I/Os. Add amp and cab block. Select Triple Crest 2 from the amp library. Select 2x12 RECTO V60 57 and 2x12 RECTO V60 121 from the cab library. I utilize low cut/ hi cut at 120 Hz/8500 Hz. Here are my reverb / delay settings that add just a touch of both to my clean and pushed scenes. I also utilize a Filter block that imitates the John Mayer QTron effect he uses on some of his songs. Also a drive, a wah, and formant. Note that Scene 4 Filter uses the first clean amp block setting.

Scene 1 Amp Block
ARFDLvq.png

Scene 2 Delay Block
99GOvjQ.png

Scene 2 Reverb Block
LsO9v1f.png

Scene 3 Amp (Pushed) Block
d1nQ63h.png

Scene 3 Drive Block
tBBkGKH.png

Scene 4 QTron Filter Block
2335NsZ.png

Scene 4 QTron Filter Modifier
TIc6wqD.png

All Scenes Wah Block
orhA5pv.png

All Scenes Formant Block
j5NQSi0.png

All Scenes Wah / Formant Modifiers
039uExv.png

Last edited:
Before I got sick with COVID about 9 days ago I finally got around to trying a blend of 65 Bassman Bright and Two Stone J35.

It's a pretty glorious sound!

I might get back to playing tonight...
Sry to hear this...on the upside..."Don't hurt 'em, Hammer!"

Kind of funny; it seems like this thread will eventually just be a list of every clean or edge of breakup model in the Axe. What a glorious time to be a guitarist!

For me, a clean is all about overdriving the low and high ends in a sparkly but warm way, and of course so many amps can do that. I like it so you get the impression of clean, but really it’s just a different kind of gain.

Kind of funny; it seems like this thread will eventually just be a list of every clean or edge of breakup model in the Axe. What a glorious time to be a guitarist!

For me, a clean is all about overdriving the low and high ends in a sparkly but warm way, and of course so many amps can do that. I like it so you get the impression of clean, but really it’s just a different kind of gain.

Yup. Same. The best cleans for me are not that clean.

Of course, happy to help!
Begin with standard I/Os. Add amp and cab block. Select Triple Crest 2 from the amp library. Select 2x12 RECTO V60 57 and 2x12 RECTO V60 121 from the cab library. I utilize low cut/ hi cut at 120 Hz/8500 Hz. Here are my reverb / delay settings that add just a touch of both to my clean and pushed scenes. I also utilize a Filter block that imitates the John Mayer QTron effect he uses on some of his songs. Also a drive, a wah, and formant. Note that Scene 4 Filter uses the first clean amp block setting.

Scene 1 Amp Block
ARFDLvq.png

Scene 2 Delay Block
99GOvjQ.png

Scene 2 Reverb Block
LsO9v1f.png

Scene 3 Amp (Pushed) Block
d1nQ63h.png

Scene 3 Drive Block
tBBkGKH.png

Scene 4 QTron Filter Block
2335NsZ.png

Scene 4 QTron Filter Modifier
TIc6wqD.png

All Scenes Wah Block
orhA5pv.png

All Scenes Formant Block
j5NQSi0.png

All Scenes Wah / Formant Modifiers
039uExv.png
Thank you!

Am really liking JP2C Green (similar to IIC+ I guess) - better now that I have the drive up to 10 as suggested by someone here (Greg Fergusson iir) - very jangly through my stuff here with guitar turned down a little - with guitar turned up full to generate a little hair it takes drives really well for me.

Am really liking JP2C Green (similar to IIC+ I guess) - better now that I have the drive up to 10 as suggested by someone here (Greg Fergusson iir) - very jangly through my stuff here with guitar turned down a little - with guitar turned up full to generate a little hair it takes drives really well for me.
I find its just tooooo clean for me. Cant get any hair on it without a drive pedal even though my humbuckers are very hot.

Question: Is some type of Comp a requirement on the cleanest of clean channels?
It's often used for leveling volume transients (volume spikes or drops) so that the volume is more consistent. Can also be used as a boost when the level is increased. I usually prefer soft knee with 30ms attack and 150ms release, the same for my wah and formant modifiers. Allows for a more natural sounding compression. Doesn't hit the front end of the amp, but reminds you when you're strumming or picking too hard...and makes it easier to be more consistent if you're digging in...

Regards requirement, I don't typically put compression on any drive or pushed channels, but will often use a comp for clean almost every time...reason for that is because dirt hides clams. Clean requires finesse and isn't as forgiving. Comp makes is easier to play at an even level though you may be digging in or playing dynamically.

That being said, I'll likely slide a comp before my JM CLN scene regards my Mesa TC-50 preset. Just makes good sense.

Last edited:
Yup. Same. The best cleans for me are not that clean.
TBH, I think it makes good sense to have some sort of input gain or fat switch for most cleans, and low cut/hi cut to 120Hz/8500Hz. LT has often suggested this for his stage gear because it focuses the guitar where it should sit in the mix, and doesn't interfere with bass or horns/cymbals/keys.

By fattening the clean or lead tone, it improves the overall quality of how you sound in live context. More balance and projection than too much treble or bass. And, less ear fatigue. Your audience will appreciate this more.

Back
Top Bottom