Rediscovered CA3+ Clean. What's your fav clean?

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
I was browsing some older threads along with Yeks amp guide and was reminded to try out the CA3+ clean. Sure glad I did. So easy to dial in and feels so full bodied/well balanced. Was rockin out on my Gibson and switched to this amp for clean and have been stuck playing on it for the last hour or two.

What are you fav Cleans for humbucker or singles? Combo with fav paired cabs too if you feel like sharing!

I have to try this, thanks. I was using the stock Shiva preset for my cleans and one of Austins Marshalls but for ambient, I still dig Pete Thorns Cythornian preset lol

Double Verb, with power amp modeling turned off and no CAB blocks.
Sounds fuller than CA3+ Clean (I guess it's because Double Verb models an amp with tagboard, whereas CA3+ printed circuit board)

Double Verb, with power amp modeling turned off and no CAB blocks.
Sounds fuller than CA3+ Clean (I guess it's because Double Verb models an amp with tagboard, whereas CA3+ printed circuit board)

Psychoacoustic imagery caused by the difference between soldering to a tagboard or to a PCB doesn't have any objective scientific elucidation. I seriously doubt that anyone could ever differentiate an A/B blind audition between identical components soldered to a post or to a PCB, like they wouldn't differentiate between a $10 and a $40,000 audiophile speaker cable

Last edited:
My favourite clean amp is the Suhr Badger 18 with the #43 Legacy 4x12 Recto SM57 cab.
I love it for single-coils (Master vol at 4, Drive round about 2). That's my go-to studio SC-sound.

Psychoacoustic imagery caused by the difference between soldering to a tagboard or to a PCB doesn't have any objective scientific elucidation. I seriously doubt that anyone could ever differentiate an A/B blind audition between identical components soldered to a post or to a PCB, like they wouldn't differentiate between a $10 and a $40,000 audiophile speaker cable

Audiophiles can be real suckers for some of the crap they fall for. Some power cables are pretty over the top $$ too.

Some good ideas here. I'm gonna write a master clean preset with 4 scenes for humbucker and 4 for SC's. Love having 4 channels on blocks now. Can stuff so much in one preset

Back
Top Bottom