Red Wirez IR Mixer

Mike,
That's really cool and gives the user the ability to make mixes anywhere on any computer without hauling around the IR files.

- John

EDIT: The on-line mixer seems to be working just fine!

MIKE+REDWIRE=LEGEND! :mrgreen:

This is the kind of customer service that we have become used to from Cliff. I have the Big Box, and will certainly be buying more and recommending your products to others.

Thank You!

Oh...I cant wait for this! EXCELLENT!!

Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg

I just tried the online mixer, works great! I also finally figured out how to use the IR mixer and ran a few test mixes with it, they are identical to the online mixes as far as I can tell.

Also, I have to give props to Mike. I was having some problems with the BigBox download and e-mailed Red Wire support on Thanksgiving evening. Mike responded and got my problem worked out within an hour or so. I have never seen service like that.

Thank you!

Mike, I had a problem with the other mixer app (it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't...using the same files even...), but so far the web app is flawless (and more transparent to the end user).

Good job!

BF3

i just downloaded the new ir's, and tried to get to the ir mixer with the link i have previously used, and it says "The requested resource (/mixir.jsp) is not available", weird. am i doing something wrong, or has the url changed?

pdouds said:
i just downloaded the new ir's, and tried to get to the ir mixer with the link i have previously used, and it says "The requested resource (/mixir.jsp) is not available", weird. am i doing something wrong, or has the url changed?

I believe Mike said they had to rework the login system (and as a result the ir mixer), so its gone temporarily.

The mixIR is back online. You can get to it from your My Stuff page now. The link is near the top-right corner, next to the Change Password link.

yek said:
I experienced the same. Just use Batch in the File menu, it'll do the job.

SparkyG said:
All\

I am so close, I got my Wav file from the redwirez IR Mixer (used Scott's Marshall Cab but with Vox AC 30 as I don't have speaker box). worked like a charm after a few syntax issues.

Loaded up AlbertA's Ir converter, Opened up the IR Wav file from the IR mixer, I can see all the plot's etc. Great.
But when I click on "save As" I can choose a location and a file format (I assume I need the default .syx) but I can't see anywhere to type a filename and consequently the "save" button is greyed out?? so I can't save it to .syx to be able to download.

I'm running Snow Leopard on an intel Mac.

Please help - I am so close.

cheers

Yek, you're a life saver! Thanks. :cool:

I don't know if this has been addressed before, if so, then discard this info.

As I find myself sometimes doing a lot offline work in Logic 8 mixing IR's with the aid of LAConvolver, and since I don't want to get online to redwirez site every time I want to get a new percentage for every dB change I make on a IR track, I use this formula to get the percentages for a given CABS-dB combination:

percentage = 10^(dB_i/20) / sum[ 10^(dB_j/20) ] where dB_i is the dB value for cab i.

For example an IR recipe that uses 3 cabs at -3 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB on my DAW, with this formula this translates to the following mixing percentages:

First cab (-3 dB): 10^(-3/20) / [ 10^(-3/20)+10^(-6/20)+10^(-12/20) ] = 0,484788 => 48,48%
Second cab (-6 dB): 10^(-6/20) / [ 10^(-3/20)+10^(-6/20)+10^(-12/20) ] = 0,343203 => 34,32%
Third cab (-12 dB): 10^(-3/20) / [ 10^(-3/20)+10^(-6/20)+10^(-12/20) ] = 0,172009 => 17,02%

These values are almost the same (considering rounding) to those obtained with the online mixIR mini helper app.

My 0.00002 cents.

Pardon me if this was already discussed in the thread,
I tried to read all 12 pages but got lost on page 5. :eek:
The mixer is great btw, awesome job!!
So, is it possible or will it be to set pan for individual cabs when doing mixes?

I am total noob when it comes to mixing IRs so maybe this question is rather a nonsense. :D

I'm pretty sure that the IR's themselves are not pannable.

Panning happens via the cabinet block, if desired...

I know you can't pan them in the IR mixer but I always thought that would be a nice feature. But for now, the only way to pan is either use 2 cabs or a stereo cab.

Back
Top Bottom