Red Wirez IR Mixer

Thanks for taking much of the guess work out of this. Knowing that the IRs are fine helps to zero in on the problem. I am almost there. It is just the last stretch of road between my computer and the gizmo. I will review the editor manual on uploading cabs. I have done it before. I am currently using the Red Wirez Marshall cab. Perhaps I missed a step....which easy to do with this editor.

Thank you.

redwire said:
Next time there's a complaint about a thin and fizzy IR, I'll ask them to check the air parameter on the cab block. If it's not zero and the IR failed to load then they'll just be hearing the dry amp, but at a different level,
Or whatever other IR they had uploaded there before and forgot about. You could end up being blamed for almost anything. :lol:

Hi Guys,

I would like thank Mike for his dedication and very quick response to all our quarries.

Your hard work is very much appreciated.

MS

Jay Mitchell said:
redwire said:
Next time there's a complaint about a thin and fizzy IR, I'll ask them to check the air parameter on the cab block. If it's not zero and the IR failed to load then they'll just be hearing the dry amp, but at a different level,
Or whatever other IR they had uploaded there before and forgot about. You could end up being blamed for almost anything. :lol:

And this is what, IMHO, seems to be happening to the folks with issues. The IR upload of their new spiffy IR mix doesn't 'get there' and instead they are listening to what WAS there whatever it was.

IronMan said:
Scott Peterson said:
are not set for hi-res mono, or something.

Ahh I always set the cabs to stereo... Is there a reason why you want it set to hi-res mono?

If you are using IR's already truncated to 1024 and then further truncate them to 512... that's gonna be something to use your ears to judge.

To me the entire concept of mixing the RedWirez IR's was to come up with ONE high (1024) resolution cab for one user slot in the Axe-FX. I did my mixes and demoed them through trial and error strictly using the Axe-FX, not a DAW. If you are using my IR recipes, then yes, I'd highly recommend using a mono hi-res cab in lieu of the stereo setting (which is two low res (512) cabs.

UPDATE:

Great news. I now have the IRs working in the black box. Having the blank IR was helpful in discovering the problem. My laptop is on the fritz so I was using my desktop to transfer. The driver didn't load properly for the midi unit. I was able to make changes to patches via the editor but uploading IRs was causing a "bad checksum". All is good now. Scott's marshall cab sounded a bit better than the one Red Wire IR I had been using. I used the new one on a session this morning and it sounded great.

Thanks to all who contributed advice and insight. Especially to Red Wirez for going the extra mile.

Problem solved.

MKeditor said:
UPDATE:

Great news. I now have the IRs working in the black box. Having the blank IR was helpful in discovering the problem. My laptop is on the fritz so I was using my desktop to transfer. The driver didn't load properly for the midi unit. I was able to make changes to patches via the editor but uploading IRs was causing a "bad checksum". All is good now. Scott's marshall cab sounded a bit better than the one Red Wire IR I had been using. I used the new one on a session this morning and it sounded great.

Thanks to all who contributed advice and insight. Especially to Red Wirez for going the extra mile.

Problem solved.
Great news, MK, you give me hope! Unfortunately I am out of town and away from my AFX for 3 weeks. I guess I will have to practice on my acoustic instead.
+1 on the praise to Red Wirez. They are up there with FAS and Mission, IMO. Great product, great service.

Hi everyone!

First of all - this is a really great forum! :mrgreen:
I have managed to mix my single IR's into a combined. Then used the tool to convert the WAV files to SYX.

When I try to use this syx-files in the AXE Editor they are not recognized.
Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

PS. when I use the regular RedWirez SYX files then there is no problem. They show up in the CAB-Tab instantly...

You can email me the mix recipe you're using and the sysex file and I can at least verify that they are correct. Most likely something is a little wonky (to use a technical term) with your MIDI setup. That seems to be the common thread.

Scott Peterson said:
One thing I'd really like to point out is that Mark of RedWirez is working this hard on this for a segment of his target customers, and we were never really even in the mix when he started this entire project. Mark doesn't even have an Axe-FX. Yet the guy is here working his arse off for us. We need to take up a collection and buy Mark an Axe-FX. I'm serious.

I would have no problem at all contributing. I have posted on this and several sites many times about how the Axe-Fx community is the most helpful and patient bare none.

Noobs like myself would be totally lost without all the "free" advice and work you guys put forth. One of the key determining factors resulting in my purchasing the Axe-Fx was this community. Now we have a new member, taking his precious time to troubleshoot issues for a portion of his customers and he doesn't even have an Axe-Fx. We are BLESSED to have vendors such as Cliff, Tom, and now Mike of RedWirez (not to mention all the users who give of their time and knowledge) take an active hands on approach when dealing with upgrades to thier products and interacting with the community.

Contributing to a fund that would help Mike in his quest to support us seems like the least I could do. Count me in if anybody takes up this action.

Again.... Thanks to all of you for all you do...

Craig Shewmake

redwire said:
Who's this Mark guy? He seems pretty cool :)

--mike, Red Wire Impulses

My apologies MIKE! I'm totally blaming Scott though as I was replying to his post. :D

redwire said:

D'oh! Guess that sort of underlines I am not on the RedWirez payroll after all, eh? :D

Apologies. Corrected in my post where I said that.

Scott Peterson said:
redwire said:

D'oh! Guess that sort of underlines I am not on the RedWirez payroll after all, eh? :D

Apologies. Corrected in my post where I said that.

:lol: :lol: I thought you knew something the rest of us didn't :p

Matt from Redwirez is doing a bang up job. What would we do without good old Mitch :p

Scott Peterson said:
redwire said:

Or a clever misdirection so none of us would consider that Scott and Mike are one in the same! :D

I'm so confused now :shock:

Thank You Red Wirez for the new mixer. The old one did not work on Windows 7 64 bit. This one does!

Also, redwire, for those that have purchased the Red Wirez cabs....how do you feel about sharing cab mixes with others that have purchased? Maybe in the future you can host a forum for this. That way you can authenticate users/purchasers.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom