Red Wirez Cab Impulses

Bought these last night, but the download was slow as hell so I'm trying to download them again right now. Really looking forward to trying these. The IR's in the Axe-Fx, while good, need a lot of post-processing and I'm hoping to cut down on that.

I had the same problem, email them and they will send you links to download them in parts
yes it will cut down on need for post processing!! for me anyway
move the mic out on the cone... instant eric johnson vibe

I just read this whole damn thread from start to finish, don't ask me why, didn't understand half of it, but I did it and i feel like i should get some sort of pat on the back or something. Anywho, back on task, Redwirez your awesome, and im just glad there's people like you who are smart enough to figure out how to get quality results and have all the proper equipment to do this so accurately.

bravo sir,
Jonathan

I've spent about an hour trying different IR's, and I'm very impressed. I can get really good sounds with just the default settings on the amps. No need for any post-EQ. Can't wait to start really tweaking with these IR's.

Oh, and you really should sample a Mesa cab with C90's! :D

fyi - any download issues appear to have been fixed. I just downloaded the big box and it came down at over 450KB/s - working really well. I very rarely get that sort of speed except from very large local sites.

(I had tried downloading earlier in the day but my laptop cr*pped out - actually got an email from Mike during the download to check all was ok too).

Chris

I bought speaker box and big box a couple of days ago.
Man, theese are beautiful!!!
My Axe got new life:)

Agree with what's been said, needs no post prosessing, much easier to get good results. Lovely higs, nice resonance (for the lack of a better word)(not too much), and then the ability to place the mic where you want it! Love the speakerbox too!!
Will be very nice to use when recording as well to utilise the ambient irs properly.

Thanx Red Wirez, good product and support!, and to CLiff for generously converting theese to Axe fx format!!!

best, Olav

Olav Torget said:

Agree with what's been said, needs no post prosessing, much easier to get good results. Lovely higs, nice resonance (for the lack of a better word)(not too much), and then the ability to place the mic where you want it! Love the speakerbox too!!
Will be very nice to use when recording as well to utilise the ambient irs properly.

Thanx Red Wirez, good product and support!, and to CLiff for generously converting theese to Axe fx format!!!

best, Olav

How are you using the SpeakerBox? I understand the use of cab IR's but the SpeakerBox serie is just the speaker right?

I use speaker box as I use the other cabinet irs. I think of it as a 112 cabinet with a little less character. Open sounding. I'm playing combos quite a bit, so it feels familiar.

olav

stratcat said:
fyi - any download issues appear to have been fixed. I just downloaded the big box and it came down at over 450KB/s - working really well. I very rarely get that sort of speed except from very large local sites.

(I had tried downloading earlier in the day but my laptop cr*pped out - actually got an email from Mike during the download to check all was ok too).

Chris

We've been fighting an ongoing battle with a bunch of hooligans. I won't go into what they are doing because I don't want to encourage more of it, but they are using a ton of bandwidth. So, we moved the downloads to a separate server which seems to be performing well at the moment.

My apologies to the folks who've had to endure slow downloads. It should be fixed now.

redwire said:
stratcat said:

Chris

We've been fighting an ongoing battle with a bunch of hooligans. I won't go into what they are doing because I don't want to encourage more of it, but they are using a ton of bandwidth. So, we moved the downloads to a separate server which seems to be performing well at the moment.

My apologies to the folks who've had to endure slow downloads. It should be fixed now.

lol...i suffered thru it- thought it was my connection. No worries- the Ir's sound excellent, great job.

IronMan said:
Olav Torget said:

best, Olav

How are you using the SpeakerBox? I understand the use of cab IR's but the SpeakerBox serie is just the speaker right?

SpeakerBox = Open back cabinet = more room ambiance = more character = lots of fun when it's "just you and the guitar"
(great for those "amp in the room" presets)

;)

Those IRs sound amazing, I bought the AC30, Marshall 4x12 v30, and the two Fender Tweed, and I'm having lots of fun with them, I think I will buy them all, I should have bought the bundle! :lol:

So, when it is said these are in "Axe-FX format" now, they have been converted to sysex files and are ready to be loaded into the Axe-FX without further processing?

Cheers,
Kevin

KG MD said:
So, when it is said these are in "Axe-FX format" now, they have been converted to sysex files and are ready to be loaded into the Axe-FX without further processing?

Cheers,
Kevin

yes. There is a folder inside the DL which is labled AxeFx containing converted files.

MKeditor said:
I just downloaded the Marshall cab. An excellent improvement to my crunch tone. I look forward to more. :D

Which mic and where?

These ir's are intimidating in their depth. There's like 40 iterations of the Marshall 1960a!!!!!

On another note, I wonder if Redwire would mind if confirmed purchasers shared their convolutions (or whatever you would call mixtures of multiple ir's into one ir) with other confirmed purchasers privately?

mitch236 said:
MKeditor said:
I just downloaded the Marshall cab. An excellent improvement to my crunch tone. I look forward to more. :D

Which mic and where?

These ir's are intimidating in their depth. There's like 40 iterations of the Marshall 1960a!!!!!

On another note, I wonder if Redwire would mind if confirmed purchasers shared their convolutions (or whatever you would call mixtures of multiple ir's into one ir) with other confirmed purchasers privately?

Clearly a violation of the EULA. Personal use means personal use... only.

Let's not **** the guys doing the work for us. Which, if you start sharing things that violate EULA, is exactly what you are proposing.

I went back last night and picked up the Celestion Blue out of the Speaker Box series.
Outstanding. I am really digging the Royer at capedge 0.5 with a second ir for the rear of the cabinet.
I was getting those 1x12 combo bell tones i could get close to before but couldnt seem to dial in quite right (i am open to the idea of AxeFx user error- for those of you who were able to achieve without these IR's). Really impressed with this entire bundle of ir's.

And- I must comment on the follow up support received from Mike at Redwire.
The previous evening i DL'd the Big Box and like a few others, the dl speed was slooow.
Following my order for the Celesition I received an email from Mike just checking in on me to make sure I wasnt slowed down on this one.
Not a big deal, but personal. He didnt have to do it....but he did.
I appreciate that and I will support companies who treat me with that level of respect for my patronage.
it is one of the reasons i am an Axefx junkie.

Well done Mike.

Back
Top Bottom