RED SOUND FRFR Speakers now offered through the Fractal Audio online store!

Sound of Red Sound MF.10 series versus the ELIS.8 series?

Comparison to cheap monitor speakers Like Yamaha HS?

That's the speaker sensitivity, not the max SPL.
I know but since Red Sound hasn’t declared (or misured) max SPL value sensitivity is a good way to understand how the cab works. SPL max is linked to room characteristics so it’s difficult to generalize for a general environment.

Last edited:
Max SPL is one of those specs that can be easily fudged, to the point where it's mostly meaningless.

Example: the CLR wedge is a 500-watt speaker rated at 120 dB max SPL. It can get much louder than my Electro-Voice SxA100 wedge, which is a 200-watt speaker rated at 124 dB max SPL. And it can get just as loud as some 1000-watt speakers rated at 128+ dB max SPL.

G66 was already selling them, they are the European distributor for Fractal. In Europe you can also buy Redsound directly from their own website.
Right - the person I was responding to asked if they were endorsing Redsounds, or just promoting them for G66. But the release said that Fractal is selling them in North America...which would seem like an odd way to promote them for G66.

Marco, I have a question: are the MF10 speakers available on the Fractal website any different from those that were previously available via G66 (MF10), or is it just the logo on the speakers that is different?

I often do a year-end wrap-up of products I tried that I found to be worth recommending. There weren't many this year, but here's one of them, which we'll call my two cents.

The Red Sound MF10s are a new favorite for me. I put them up against a few boutique-y tube combos at an invitational jam a few weeks ago and they simply soared. I used a PEQ to find a spot where I could sit in the mix and copy-pasted it to a few scenes with channel tweaks, and voila. Big sound. Clear sound. Great sound. I'm a stereo junkie, so there's that. I am a lifting lightweight too, and the pair of them weighs less than most tube amps. They're hard to get though, like everything these days.

This was a post from last year. Definitely a recommendation I would say.

I can’t speak on behalf of Fractal Audio but as G66 we tried so long to find a great sounding cabs, nice to look at and suitable to many situations (from bedroom players to seasoned live artists) and we finally found all these characteristics in Red Sound cabs. @Marco Fanton did an amazing job developing the MF.10 and Red Sound did the same with little sister Elis.8 (named after Red Sound founder’s little daughter Alice). We put them on our shop since we thought (and we still think) that these are the best product on the market at the moment. So I think this is what FAS did too: it’s not common that the best brand in guitar modeling unit chose a small Italian brand and put it on its own web shop unless also FAS believe that Red Sound is the right companion to its modelers. But, as I wrote, this is just my thoughts.

Fractal Audio Systems is pleased to announce a special partnership with Red Sound speaker systems and Lyon & Healy, Chicago.

Selections from the Red Sound FRFR line are now available for purchase in the USA and Canada at https://shop.fractalaudio.com.

Pair your Axe-Fx III, FM9, or FM3 with Red Sound FRFR speakers and save 10% during our introductory sale.

View attachment 129670

We should give a special mention here to @Marco Fanton, whose initials "MF" are represented in the name of the MF.10 products!
Are there any details available about the amplifier being used in the active versions?

Back
Top Bottom