red bear picks

mgavin

Experienced
anyone else using red bears? just got my first jazzer in the mail, it's pretty nice but i wish they were 10 bucks a pick instead of 30...

Have you ever tried Obbligato Picks? I prefer them offer the Red Bear, they last a lifetime if taken care of, while the Red Bear seems to wear out.

I know of others who also use and enjoy the Obbligato picks, and like Red Bear you can get yours Custom Built and you can get different designs on the handle if you pick a wood handle, though that isn't the other type of material for handles they work with.

I have been using them for over a year now (I use the little jazzer)I still try other picks from time to time. But I always come back to the Red Bear. I have other picks which I find very comfortable but what brings me back to the Red Bear is the tone. Whether you like it or not there is a difference it’s that simple. Other picks I like are V-picks and also Gravity picks, which are some sort of acrylic. There is no perfect go-to pick but the Red Bear is as close as it comes to me. Since that first RB I have ordered four more, the thing that drives me nuts is how long it takes. But bottom line if I don’t like it I don’t have to order it, but I choose to use them anyway. They do wear very slow and even when they wear they retain a polished edge to them, unlike plastic which can become very scratchy sounding. It really comes down to the material that make it what it is, and that applies to others also. Just my 2 cents

yeah they feel like glass on the strings and i've noticed i can economy pick faster/ easier which is cool. I'm gonna order another. the wait was annoying, it took 5 months, but i forgot about it, and it was a nice surprise today. hope i don't lose it....

i use eric johnson jazz 3s other wise. I'll always use them but those always have plastic imperfections on the edges and it takes a couple weeks to wear the speed bevel right.

I would like to try em.
But Jazz 3's are always somewhere to be found around the house.
i would loose that sucker fast.
I'll find a J3 somewhere in the yard, sand on it a bit, and I'm good to go.

Sometimes scratchy is good too!

I tried one but did not like it as well as the Blue Chip jazz. I know its crazy money but the bottom line is that I play better with the Blue Chip so I buy them. My wife gets them for my Christmas stocking and that seems to take some of the price sting away.

Just bought a blue chip to try. Will also try a red bear. Christ: almost $40.00 including shipping! And I lose pix all the time! I'll have to wear it around my neck or something, but if it's better. I bought some Lucite ones before (none with a 'speed bevel', though) and they were nice and rigid (I love heavy pix), but not really for me - tone was almost too harsh. Fast, though. Seems like lunacy but... I'm gonna try 'em.

dunlop jazz III - heard guthrie govan say he uses them all the time, so makes sense to copy that ever since (to no avail but we can but try)
found one in the fridge the other day next to a chicken curry.

Yeah, picks last me about 4 days before I lose them.

Fact: When you drop a pick during a performance, it turns invisible to the guitarist that dropped it for at least 5 seconds.
This is definitely true! If I were ever to spring for $25-40 for ONE guitar pick it would have to come with one of those janitor style chain belt clips that would retract it back to my side if dropped. I am glad it works for others, and if its worth it to you, then its worth it. The old Fender 358 is still my standby after having tried everything from wood to agate... I guess I have accepted plain pick disorder. It is cheap, though!

Anybody remember Min'd picks (agate, and mine were long and teardrop-shaped)? I used to LOVE the tone and the 'bounce' off the strings with those things. Have no idea if I could stand 'em now. Last time I used one was probably in the 80's

Anybody remember Min'd picks (agate, and mine were long and teardrop-shaped)? I used to LOVE the tone and the 'bounce' off the strings with those things. Have no idea if I could stand 'em now. Last time I used one was probably in the 80's
I forgot the name, but that was it.. and I even managed to lose that slab of stone!

$30 a pick? whoa... I wouldn't pay that much for a autographed pick from anyone.

Unless it came with a instant Vai / Loomis / Vaughan mojo to your hands
:lol

Back
Top Bottom