Recording with the AX8 (PC)

Mizsht

Hi guys!

Just got myself a brand new AX8 (got it yesterday), and I am truly amazed about how GOOD this beast sounds straight out of the box. Just plugged the thing to my amp and I could get amazing tones in no time.

I have been using a Pod X3 for the past 7 years and I always recorded demos through the USB, which was very easy. I know the AX8 does not act as an Audio Interface, so I wanted to ask if you guys have any recommendation on good quality/cheap Audio Interfaces to record with.

I currently do have a Zoom R8 Audio Interface, which I use in my band for samplers. It does not have SPDIF connection, instead, it goes through USB and has XLR outs. Has anyone ever used one for recording with an AX8?

Thank you and sorry for the long post!

Hi! One cheap and good solution would be an iRig interface (there are many models). The simple ones like the iRig Pro or HD would do the trick.
Regards!

Congrats on your AX8! I use the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 with S/PDIF; however, there are less expensive models without S/PDIF. If you run a search of this forum, you'll find a number of good reviews of interfaces. I chose the 6i6 after reading through a lot of the discussions here.

Sorry for asking such a highly answered question.
I will research on this a bit further and and I will also try out my Zoom R8.

The Apogee One and the iRig look so tiny and portable that make them a good choice, even though portability is not an issue (I will mainly leave the audio interface in the studio).

Thank you all for your replies!

Cheers

I just received my brand new AX8 a few day ago and I'm really happy with it right out of the box.

Specificity, what S/PDIF brand cable are you guys using for the AX8 to the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6? Thanks in advance.

Dave

Sorry for asking such a highly answered question.
I will research on this a bit further and and I will also try out my Zoom R8.

The Apogee One and the iRig look so tiny and portable that make them a good choice, even though portability is not an issue (I will mainly leave the audio interface in the studio).

Thank you all for your replies!

Cheers

i reccomend you to get a Toneport UX1 or UX2 that way you can use the line ins on the back of the Toneport to connect to the AX8 outs,i have the Apogee One but i didnt like the sound with the AX8,if you get the Toneport let me know if you need help.

If you decide you want to use the AX8 for reamping, I'd get an interface with dedicated line-outs (in addition to speakers). I'm happy using my Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen)

i reccomend you to get a Toneport UX1 or UX2 that way you can use the line ins on the back of the Toneport to connect to the AX8 outs,i have the Apogee One but i didnt like the sound with the AX8,if you get the Toneport let me know if you need help.
Thank you! I will look into that one.
I actually thought about trying to use my POD X3 as an audio interface and just connect my AX8 into it. Maybe it does the job and I don't need to spend any more € :)

Back
Top Bottom