Received new Ultra ....seems almost surreal

Nebula

The Ultra arrived a few days ago and I haven't come up for air till now.
I'm blown away by the versitility and the quality of this gear.
I just wish I didn't wait as long as I did to pull the trigger on it.

Have a bunch of questions...but for now could anyone confirm if I'm understanding the manual corrctly.
It looks to me like I can form or layer 4 individual tones, using the axe edit it? Sort of how my pod could do 2

Or does it go beyond that?

Any advice is greatly appreciated from this knowledgable forum community!

Download Axe-Edit software to help you with the experimentation. The 4x12 grid is what the manual is probably talking about where you can have 2 amps running in stereo to have 4 outputs that get mixed before they come out.

Each row in the grid is a stereo signal path. It is possible to run four sets of FX in parallel; the output mixer allows you to set the level and balance for each row.

Thank you for clarifying that for me, good info from both of you, opens my mind to seemingly endless possibilities. Much appreciated!

+1 on what everyone above said, but note that the amp sims are mono only, although the two cabs can definitely be stereo, each with different cab sims for right and left channels.

I learn more every day. I love it!

+1 to this! I tweaked so much last night and I really realized how versatile the Ultra is... I also learned the power of the Master Volume control, and how it can completely alter a tone! Lovin' it!

+1 to this! I tweaked so much last night and I really realized how versatile the Ultra is... I also learned the power of the Master Volume control, and how it can completely alter a tone! Lovin' it!

Is just beginning, your journey is.

I've learned more about tone and amps / cabinets, etc. with the Axe in the last 4 months than I had the rest of my life.

Enjoy!

Oh, and don't forget to experiment with the bright cap value (with Bright on of course). The Bright Cap value and the Drive do a TON in shaping the basic character of the tone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom