Reality Check: AXEII+FX8 = drool

The biggest problem to me running anything after the Axe2 is that it looses Output 2 and I use Output 2 for my own monitor and leave Output 1 for FoH. I just think it’s super handy to have my own level mix with the Output 2 knob on the front panel.

But since primarily drives are so CPU hungry, moving drives and and all other front of amp blocks out of the Axe2 and onto the floor would free up quite a bit of CPU so that you can add plenty of delays and highres reverbs in the Axe2 with less CPU worry so might still be worth considering.

This is a very good point. Maybe your idea about putting the FX8 in front of the AXE is better. You could essentially have the first block in the AXE be the AMP or a GEQ then the AMP.

i don't see that it would be too hard to put the gubbins from an fx8 into a 1u rack. i'm hoping that FAS is considering this. i'd buy it right away. i'm seriously considering buying an eventide eclipse to run some fx, as i'm constantly hitting the limit with a lot of my patches. because of the number of people who use the axe fx for fx only, this seems like it might be a wise move for FAS anyway....

Yes, maybe that is a wish list Item. With a nice digital connection between them. It would be cool if you could see this new box in AE as well. I like that idea. Just imagine the stuff you could do!! LOL:)

You could use two units of AXE FX.

I've been thinking about just getting a used AF2, but mostly for backup. I hadn't thought of running them together before. Hmmm..

I wonder if you could run 2 versions of AE and if the MFC could talk to both units?? That may be the simplest thing to do.

i don't see that it would be too hard to put the gubbins from an fx8 into a 1u rack. i'm hoping that FAS is considering this. i'd buy it right away. i'm seriously considering buying an eventide eclipse to run some fx, as i'm constantly hitting the limit with a lot of my patches. because of the number of people who use the axe fx for fx only, this seems like it might be a wise move for FAS anyway....

I was thinking the same things. I'm considering an eventide eclipse or an H9 Max (maybe a couple of them) as I'm constantly hitting the CPU limit also. I noticed Dweezil is using three H9's with his Axe FX. I'd buy an fx8 as a 1u rack if it existed. I think a lot of people would.

I have a Line 6 M13 and it works great in front of the Axe. I use it to add some effects like phaser, univibe, tube screamer, compressor, pitch glide, ecc... It helps me when the Axe has high Cpu usage. As soon as, in the future, I will find on ebay an Axe fx standard or newer at low cost, definitely
I will use in conjuction to my Axe 2.

Very basic MIDI controller might work for most guys. If it can switch presets, handle expression pedals, change scenes and on/off some effects, that might be enough. Do you know if it's much work to get it to do these things with the AXE?

Don't see why you can't put the fx8 at your feet and connect to an AxeFX via 4cm and use midi program change to call up the amp/cabs. Fx8 may be a basic midi controller but it has plenty of functions to control its own fx, all it has to do is send program changes to the AxeFX for your amp/cabs. Puts the mfc out of work til axe 3 comes along. Hmm, axe 3, 3 processors? Lol

Back
Top Bottom