RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check if you have the rac12 version upper left in racedit. ( after the racedit version).
If no your rac12 wasn't connected ou reconized by your os

This is the problem.
When I connect the USB, Windows will not recognize the device.
I've installed the drivers and was able to connect RAC12Edit last week to update my RAC12 firmware, so it worked last week, but right now before a gig it does not.

feck.

At rehearsal last night is when I noticed the RAC12 screen saver being an annoyance issue.

I'll have to figure out the usb thing on my end later. I have a gig to get ready for. I don't have time to deal with computer connectivity issues right now.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes that explains your config can't be sent.
Try another usb port or another computer.
Or try reinstalling drivers.

Yes that explains your config can't be sent.
Try another usb port or another computer.
Or try reinstalling drivers.

I've reinstalled the RAC12 drivers.
I unplugged all USB connections, rebooted computer.
Tried the RAC12 connection to each of my computers available USB.
Not able to connect to the RAC12.

Replugged each of my USB devices to my computer, everything works as it should.

I don't have another computer in my studio, so I will need to take my rig outside of the studio to determine if my RAC12 USB is not functioning correctly.

I've reinstalled the RAC12 drivers.
I unplugged all USB connections, rebooted computer.
Tried the RAC12 connection to each of my computers available USB.
Not able to connect to the RAC12.

Replugged each of my USB devices to my computer, everything works as it should.

I don't have another computer in my studio, so I will need to take my rig outside of the studio to determine if my RAC12 USB is not functioning correctly.

Please contact me at support@fxunits.com.

*update*
Was finally able to update my RAC12 firmware, so I'm reporting here to let everyone know the RAC12 is functioning properly.
Glad that the RAC screen saver will no longer kick me out of AxeFx tuner mode anymore.
Thanks for that update Al.

The problem updating the RAC12 was Win7, on my main studio PC.
Another computer was recruited to facilitate the firmware update with no problem.

I'm happy that the RAC12 and USB cable are working. That is a relief.
As you were...

New units are ready for shipping ! :)

If you're already on the waitlist, you'll be contacted very soon (check your spambox). Otherwise, it's not too late to subscribe : send us a mail to waitlist@fxunits.com.

The units shipped will be RAC12 mkII units. They are exactly the same as previous units excepting they include a bidirectional MIDI-Merge port.
That means you no-longer need a complex midi-splitter or midi Y cable in order to receive AxeFx MIDI messages on your footcontroller or other MIDI equipment when the RAC12 is connected.
The mkII Merge port passes MIDI data from your footcontroller to the AxeFX (or anyway to the RAC12 MIDI Out port) and also from the RAC12 Midi IN (or Midi Out if bidirectionnal) to the footcontroller.

RAC12 software 1.3.3 is available !
1.3.3:
- Added EQ location parameter to AMP block
- Added instance sync between pages. So selecting AMP2 on page AMP will also select AMP2 on other pages using the AMP block.

As usual, just launch RAC12Edit ;)

Reactions: Rex
- Added instance sync between pages. So selecting AMP2 on page AMP will also select AMP2 on other pages using the AMP block.

Thanks again Alex! Instance sync across pages is already helping my workflow in editing patches with 2 amps. Nice work! :encouragement:

Hevy Devy is on board ! :)

10660174_459469804213254_6210262021580464354_n.png

New units are ready for shipping ! :)

If you're already on the waitlist, you'll be contacted very soon (check your spambox). Otherwise, it's not too late to subscribe : send us a mail to waitlist@fxunits.com.

The units shipped will be RAC12 mkII units. They are exactly the same as previous units excepting they include a bidirectional MIDI-Merge port.
That means you no-longer need a complex midi-splitter or midi Y cable in order to receive AxeFx MIDI messages on your footcontroller or other MIDI equipment when the RAC12 is connected.
The mkII Merge port passes MIDI data from your footcontroller to the AxeFX (or anyway to the RAC12 MIDI Out port) and also from the RAC12 Midi IN (or Midi Out if bidirectionnal) to the footcontroller.

Just got mine, great job guys, tweaking AxeFX tones just got 1000% easier!
Absolutely essential for gigs...
Would have my live tones dialled months ago if Id bought this at the start...
Only scratched the surface yet & I can't imagine going back... Totally recommended!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom