RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Al,
In regard to your looking for memory question. I find that one to be a tough call. Would it be possible to have a global configuration option that would allow you to have access either of the options (the old compare OR the new text data save) but just not at the same time ? Just thinking... have the appropriate option in the dropdown greyed out depending on what global configuration you have selected. Looking for a way to have our cake and eat it too...

Hi. My Rac. I have set the mapping to select Amp 1 at every preset change on the Axfx. That works fine. If I go onto another setting on the RAC, say delay, that works fine. I go to another patch on the axfx and again up comes Amp 1. However if I go back to the previous patch the delay settings page comes up again and not Amp 1 which is what I want the RAC to do.
Is there something I can do to force the RAC to always display Amp1 even after altering the delay page at every patch change.
Thanks
Gary.
Also How I lived without a RAC is a mystery.

Ok Thankyou.
I tried shouting at it but that didn't seem to work.
I will await your results before I get out the lump hammer.
That usually works.
Thanks
gary.

Hi. My Rac. I have set the mapping to select Amp 1 at every preset change on the Axfx. That works fine. If I go onto another setting on the RAC, say delay, that works fine. I go to another patch on the axfx and again up comes Amp 1. However if I go back to the previous patch the delay settings page comes up again and not Amp 1 which is what I want the RAC to do.
Is there something I can do to force the RAC to always display Amp1 even after altering the delay page at every patch change.
Thanks
Gary.
Also How I lived without a RAC is a mystery.

Gary, this is fixed in the upcoming release ;)
It was not a bug but a feature, anyway i removed it.

RAC12 software 1.3.1 released ! :)
Here is the changelog :
1.3.1:
- fixed Page Mapping behaviour : Changing current page when in page mapping would store the new page as the desired mapped page.
- Added NoChange option in the Page Mapping function.
- Added option to disengage automatic block instance selection on preset/page change.
- Added ScreenSaver. You can change its timeout in Options/Set Timeouts menu. (Defaults to 30s)
You can also disable it there. When the screen-saver is active, the RAC12 goes in offline mode.

As usual, just launch your RAC12Edit ;)

Greetings Al & Seb,
I am having difficulty running RAC12Edit.exe on my Win32bit machine.
I could have sworn I had previously successfully run RAC12Edit and updated my RAC12 unit. When I launch the software now, it says that the RAC12Edit.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

I re-downloaded the latest RAC12Edit (Win) and RAC12 Drivers (Win only) from fxunits.com.
Windows driver was already present, but the RAC12Edit.exe will not install. Error message states "file is not a valid Win32 application".
Thus, did not solve my problem.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Greetings Al & Seb,
I could have sworn I had previously successfully run RAC12Edit and updated my RAC12 unit. When I launch the software now, it says that the RAC12Edit.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

I re-downloaded and the latest RAC12Edit (Win) and RAC12 Drivers (Win only) from fxunits.com.
Windows driver was already present, but the RAC12Edit.exe will not install. Error message states "file is not a valid Win32 application".

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Hmm. You have one? I think we need to get together so I can check it out! :D

Hmm. You have one? I think we need to get together so I can check it out! :D

Awwww yeah.
h5CRvVo.jpg

Come on over. :)

Greetings Al & Seb,

I re-downloaded the latest RAC12Edit (Win) and RAC12 Drivers (Win only) from fxunits.com.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Hi BreadTooth,
I'll check the online exe and will come back to you ;)

The online EXE is correct and runs without any problem here.
So your problem source can be :
- Your ISP, cutting the file transfer too early or modifying bytes in it
- Your antivirus, cutting the file transfer too early or modifying bytes in it
- Your memory, corrupting data before getting written to mass storage
- Your mass storage, corrupting data

Thank you kind sir for your speedy reply suggestions.
Today, I re-downloaded the RAC12Edit.exe file, and this time when I executed the file it worked.
*shrugs*
I dunno. Perhaps the RAC Gods smile upon me today.

All is well in the world. I am updated to v1.3.1
whooo haa!

as you were.....

The online EXE is correct and runs without any problem here.
So your problem source can be :
- Your ISP, cutting the file transfer too early or modifying bytes in it
- Your antivirus, cutting the file transfer too early or modifying bytes in it
- Your memory, corrupting data before getting written to mass storage
- Your mass storage, corrupting data

When it happens again check the icon that you double-click on to start RacEdit, it might be linked with a no more existing .exe file and needs a new linking.
Like with any music gear it's always the bad cable that causes the bugs.

Thanks for the picture.
For me it is interesting because I also have a 6U rack for my axe FX, and will eventually purchase the RAC12.
Just wanted to see what available place remains, because I also have an external drive + external socket to power an LCD TV, playstation, .....:lol)
Happy to see that you have some spare place under the Axe itself.
Thanks

(As you can see, my rack is same size as yours. Of course I just have currently the AXE II and a furman :mrgreen ; I have also new monitors since I took the picture, but who cares !)

Attachments

• IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom