RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the picture.
For me it is interesting because I also have a 6U rack for my axe FX, and will eventually purchase the RAC12.
Just wanted to see what available place remains, because I also have an external drive + external socket to power an LCD TV, playstation, .....:lol)
Happy to see that you have some spare place under the Axe itself.
Thanks

(As you can see, my rack is same size as yours. Of course I just have currently the AXE II and a furman :mrgreen ; I have also new monitors since I took the picture, but who cares !)
The RAC12 is not deep : 140mm ;)

you just need a 1U rack space and the depth of the rac12 is 5.5".
all the specs are here: fxunits.com - RAC12
You can subscribe to the waiting list to reserve yours by using the same link. (it's seems to have many waiting users already.)
the next batch is scheduled for early July.
the solders are already smoking! :encouragement:

Thanks for the picture.
For me it is interesting because I also have a 6U rack for my axe FX, and will eventually purchase the RAC12.
Just wanted to see what available place remains, because I also have an external drive + external socket to power an LCD TV, playstation, .....:lol)
Happy to see that you have some spare place under the Axe itself.
Thanks

(As you can see, my rack is same size as yours. Of course I just have currently the AXE II and a furman :mrgreen ; I have also new monitors since I took the picture, but who cares !)

Oh yeah, you will have plenty of backside rack space as the RAC12 is small. I use that free space for cable bundles.

Another difference in our racks is mine is designed for portability.
Grab n go fractal rig. Sweet.

On a side note: I've been using the RAC12 now for a few months, and I absolutly love the flexibility and access to tone tweek on the fly at rehearsals, sessions or gigs.

The RAC12 is intuitive to use and an essential part of my fractal rig.

After firmware update my RAC12 always turns display off. Is it normal?

Now to see, for example, tuner I need to press any button on RAC.

Sébastien is soldering front-panels for batch #3 :)
Be ready to place your order, the RAC12 should be available again very soon !

11402897_451688048324763_7993580140112536158_o.jpg

Cool, I have a 20 year old Tektronix that's been with me forever. I've been wanting to get a MSO, but they're expensive, especially for hobby use. Plus it would be nice to have all the modern logging features. Good to know Rigol makes a quality product at their price point.

Yes Thibault, glad it challenges you.
When we say made in France, it is not designed in France.
It is a choice to provide a quality product in relation to the small quantities produced.
We send the rac12 and ensure worldwide deliveries without resellers currently, the product must be flawless.
Does it have the honor to have a rac12 in mauritius someday?

Last edited:
Hi Al,

I was just curious if it would be possible to make an option in the firmware to do this; Instead of setting a time for the screensaver, make it so that the screensaver starts when the Rac is manually put offline with the front panel? It would kind of make the offline button like a power switch.

Thanks,
Don

Can you fix the issue where any preset names with an _ in (ie Sweet_V2) dont display properly please? The _ currently shows up as a solid block in the RAC12 screen.

Yes, this is the screen saver, you can disable it in RAC12Edit though ;)

Frustrated.
I'm not a fan of the screen saver. I like my screen lit up and my RAC12 ready for me.
Latest firmware added a screensaver.
This must be a simple maneuver to turn off, however.... I am having difficulty with my RAC12Edit software.

RAC12Edit loads on my PC.
I've found the menu to set timeouts and to turn off the screensaver.

but I cannot send this configuration to my RAC12.
My RAC12 seems to be asleep.
waking it up seems not to help.

I'm packing up to go to a gig shortly and this is just damn annoying.
grumpy.

I wish this feature was an option to "opt in", instead of an option to to "opt out".

Check if you have the rac12 version upper left in racedit. ( after the racedit version).
If no your rac12 wasn't connected ou reconized by your os

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom