RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might be excited or pissed off that he hasn't got to it first.

I believe he (M@tt and all the other guys there) will be excited ... excited about customers (& and nerds ... a bit, no? ;) ), which bring so much love and enthusiasm to the Axe-Fx, that NEW awesomness spin around the black who.. ehhh ... box ;)

Fractal should just employ you and pay you handsomely. What an amazing idea! I wonder what Cliff thinks about this? He might be excited or pissed off that he hasn't got to it first.

Exactly. I have been saying this since I started using Al's software, now this hardware / software combo with sebastos08. I think it would be a no brainer.

"Each knob is also a switch" - I don't suppose there's any chance that these switches could be used to change the functionality of the dial itself? For example: with switch "in", turning the dial controls gain on Amp1, switch "out" and dial controls gain on Amp2?

Liking the CAD, anyway :D

"Each knob is also a switch" - I don't suppose there's any chance that these switches could be used to change the functionality of the dial itself? For example: with switch "in", turning the dial controls gain on Amp1, switch "out" and dial controls gain on Amp2?

Liking the CAD, anyway :D

I think you get lost this way ... knob1 will be than actual drive AMP1X and knob2 is still actual for Bass on AMP1Y ... and you will alwys forget this ... changing all 12 knobs together in pages may mean less flexibility, but more usability, i believe. so say:

For example:
Page1 = knob 1-8 -> AMP1X controls; 9-12: Global to dedicated parameter (on every page the same)
Page2 = knob 1-8 ->AMP1Y controls; 9-12: Global to dedicated parameter (on every page the same)
Page3 = knob 1-8 ->AMP2X controls; 9-12: Global to dedicated parameter (on every page the same)
Page4 = knob 1-8 ->AMP2Y controls; 9-12: Global to dedicated parameter (on every page the same)
Page5 = all 12 knobs controls Chorus1 parameters
Page6 = all 12 knobs controls Chorus2 parameters
Page7 = all 12 knobs controls Rotary parameters
... and so on ...

And if the Multicolor screen can set individually to certain Blocks (Modulations=yellow, drives=red, ...) - this would be fantastic!

That said, a knob can hopefully adressed to the same parameter on different pages (global = on every page same function), say: 1/2; 3/4 (knobs 9-12) could hopefully be on all pages delay time/ delay mix and reverb/mix and chorus rate or something ...

To me personally this could be a useful way without getting lost which knob is on which page which function and which knob beside do the same, but on another XY or another Block instance....

You need to use a 5/7 pins midi cable for this need with power socket on it connected on the Rac12 midi merger port

Maybe future hardware options could be all black.
All my rack is color black, with little shades of chrome & LEDs

Just a thought....

Scratch that. Stupid idea. Lame breadtooth, lame. Heh

Last edited:
The visible front panel is black, why color on unvisibles sides when you was racked?
Also the dimension of the rack don't excess 160mm on depth
Maybe when you will see the lcd COLOR screen, it may help you to put more attractives colors in your eyes ;)

I'll try to be clearer. :)
The midi in of the axefx will be connected on the rac12, so you can't use the phantom power coming from the axefx.
But you can use a 5/7 pins midi cable to do your kind of connection:
5 pins to the RAC12 midi merger and plug your A/C adaptor into the input located by the 5-Pin MIDI plug. Plug the 7-Pin side into your MIDI foot controller for example. ;)
Small pic of this kind of cable:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom