RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al,

Does the Axe's audio stutter when the knobs are being turned, similar to Axe Edit due to polling the values, or is it smooth, as though these knobs are hard wired onto the front of the Axe FX?

Rod

The knobs rotation feeling was the same than the axefx (it's was encoders pulses knobs) with a dynamic feeling rotation and some little added function on its. But the touch feeling of the knob is the same than a famous valve amp....

A dedicated site is coming with a newsletter subscription. But you can also stay tuned here.

i've made a quick reply on this question on a previous post. ;) ^^

Forum user sebastos08 and i are working on a 1U rack controler dedicated to the AxeFX II or XL.

It's been designed and successfully tested for 3 months now and is now reaching the industrialization/production stage.
It should be available for a worldwide release during the first quarter of 2015.

I can't say a lot on its functionalities for now but here's what i can say :
- It has 12 encoders.
- It allows you to control the most important Amp block parameters.
- 4 encoders are dedicated to custom parameters, programmable via a PC/Mac software.
- Its firmware can be updated via USB.

Stay tuned for news and more information.

flyer.jpg

Waiting list available "soon" ;)

BAAAAAAAAAANG ! ! !

We are proud to introduce you fxunits.com - RAC12 (the new name for AMP12K) : See the pic on first post :)
Details and news will be disclosed on the web sites : fxunits.com - RAC12 and fxunits.com - RAC12 :)

You can also follow us on facebook : https://www.facebook.com/fxunitscom

Awesome! Congrats! Good looking! Our german axefx.de community is informed!
French connection :) RAC12 - 19" Hardware Controller für`s Axe-Fx

Questions:
a) Do i have to refresh my french to get an Beta-User? ;)

b) MFC -> FASLINK/Ethercon -> Axe-Fx
RAC12 -> bidircetional 7pin -> Axe-Fx MIDI In works at once? Yes? Please?

c) So, 16 pages = 16x12 Controller per Preset? Push function also 16x12? ( Man ... 3 pages would be more than enough by the way...)

d) No "Page up/down" Button ... how to access the different pages?

e1) page1: Amp-Block1X: One-Knob - One function! 4x "jokers" plus 15x12 more jokers ... right?

e2) Programmable page2/3/4 for Amp1Y; Amp2X; Amp2Y -> access to the same Amp Parameters per Amp Block and x/y?!

f) Are the Push Buttons able to send 4CCs with on/off value? In this Case, they could be used to switch between the 4 "Amp-Cahnnels". Would be awesome. Or did everything work as Sysex - like Axe-Edit in Hardware? No? 2CCs? No CCs, but Sysex?

Respect and Congrats to all the creators and co-creators of this beast! This is really looking User-friendly. Can`t wait!

Be prepared for highest demands! The Axe Community is waiting for 7 years on that! At least ... :)

PS: ... with a look at the knobs ... can`t wait for the Fender, Mesa and AC30 Edition... haha ...:mrgreen

Last edited:
I am a bit confused about non endless encoders. I was hoping to see led rings around the encoders, so you can see the value before adjusting. Right now if you want to increase the treble just a bit, you have no way of knowing what the value is saved.

A lot of questions Morphosis :)
First, thanks for all, but i'm not the only designer of the product, sebastos08 and i worked together on it ;)
Now for the beta-test you'll have to have one unit for the tests, so if you order one and wanna betatest some features there will be no problem :)
I confirm it's 16x12 parameters, but globally. You can ask the RAC12 to automatically select a specific page of parameters when a preset is recalled on the axefx.
It's 16x12 switches too.
Page selection can be made manually, with a switch push then knob turn.
The bidirectionnal cable is for data transfers only, not power, so a din5 is enough.
Everything is sysex, not CCs.
A switch can be assigned to cycle between amp1/amp2 or for instance eq1/eq2/eq3/eq4...

I am a bit confused about non endless encoders. I was hoping to see led rings around the encoders, so you can see the value before adjusting. Right now if you want to increase the treble just a bit, you have no way of knowing what the value is saved.
Led rings weren't precise enough for Axefx values.
The screen shows the 12 values, then when you move a knob you can see the parameter's name and value in fullscreen...

I am a bit confused about non endless encoders.

It`s written: "Infinite encoders", so i assume they are, just not with LED Ring. I assume, you get value informations on the screen, as soon you turn them ... i`m fine with that! 19" = Not that much frontpanel size for everything ... and ... perhaps it result in a more attractive prize point ... (hopefully)

Ahh these knobs have pointers so i assumed they are not endless, also i didn't see the LCD, doh :) now it looks more attractive to me.

If my midi controller is plugged into merger port of RAC12 does the bi directional communication between axe fx and my controller still works?

Fractal should just employ you and pay you handsomely. What an amazing idea! I wonder what Cliff thinks about this? He might be excited or pissed off that he hasn't got to it first.

sebastos08. I keep on thanking AL because I use his software and I heard about the unit from him. SO I also want to say thank you sebastos08 for his part in this awesome product. Ok now back to the questions.... well all mine will be answered with soon. Thanks again

Fractal should just employ you and pay you handsomely. What an amazing idea! I wonder what Cliff thinks about this? He might be excited or pissed off that he hasn't got to it first.

One question though. I phantom power my midi controller via a 7pin Midi cable from the Axe Fx. Is this likely to be an issue with using this unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom