R2R cracks Helix Native

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is a reality to have computers running a lot of things (plugins, effects, synths etc) more complex than an AxeFx at very low latencies, playing it live in real time.
you know that they are more complex than the Axe-Fx? how do you conclude that?

That's unfortunate for Line6. They must've not had proper securities in place. I own Waves plugins and you have to jump through hoops to get it registered and working on your computer. Surely, there must be a way to keep hackers away?

Latency would be a big issue with Fractal modeling. If you look at all the Amp parameters that are independent, they're must be a lot of iterative processing that you just don't see in your typical VST.
I was talking about the current state of affairs regarding things that actually exist in the marketplace. ;)

I never expect to see a Fractal VST/plugin so to me any talk about about how it would or would not perform seems kind of pointless, although I wonder how you're so certain of the technical details regarding something you have zero access to and is purely speculative :rolleyes:.

A lot of current VSTs actually do sound quite good, though. I can run Helix Native at like 32 buffers @ 48KHz and it is very responsive for example. Some people figure its a pretty high end set of algos.

you know that they are more complex than the Axe-Fx? how do you conclude that?
I explained it already, we have the reverb plugin as a base of comparison of the relative cpu that is needed to run the Fractal algos in actual cpus.
If a single reverb takes a 14% cpu hit from the AxeFX2 (source wiki)
AND
FAS-FX is remarkably CPU-efficient. Our "average" DAW test machine ran almost 100 instances! (From the fractal web)
AND
It uses an enhanced version of the algorithm from the celebrated Axe-Fx II source Fractal web) so it would probably use more Axe FX cpu, maybe a 20%?
The calculation is quite simple: an “average” cpu could be 8 to 10 times more powerful that the axefx, of course it is an estimate but quite indicative.

...I wonder how you're so certain of the technical details regarding something you have zero access to and is purely speculative :rolleyes:.
Only partly speculative.

A lot of current VSTs actually do sound quite good, though. I can run Helix Native at like 32 buffers @ 48KHz and it is very responsive for example. Some people figure its a pretty high end set of algos.
Yes, some people do. :)

It's all good and fine to have a discussion like this, but keep the links to cracked software off the forum. Keep it academic and we'll keep the thread open.

I do feel bad for Line6. Real people poured their heart and soul into bringing that plugin to the market; having it ripped off and redistributed like that is awful. You get a free, 15-day trial to check out Helix Native. Line6 couldn't have been more generous. There really is no excuse here if you use a cracked copy.

Line 6 wasn't under some delusion that Helix Native wouldn't be cracked. They knew it would. The trick is to offer a lot of value in frequently updated content, so much so that some pirates will have an incentive to ultimately buy the software.

I do a search with "R2R" and "Helix native" words and I do not find any evidence about what this thread says is true.
We are not talking about a fake?
Anyway there are some protection systems that have never been violated, i. e. syncrosoft (I own cubase 8,5) and there are others systems never hacked, so there is posible to release software without risk.
Anyway I have the feeling that Line 6 seems not have had much interest in protecting their software. Tried the demo and it was a simple online registration which doesnt seem to be the most robust system I think.
Nice try to get an illegal link ;)
It is available on every audio related torrent site btw ^^

It's all good and fine to have a discussion like this, but keep the links to cracked software off the forum. Keep it academic and we'll keep the thread open.

I do feel bad for Line6. Real people poured their heart and soul into bringing that plugin to the market; having it ripped off and redistributed like that is awful. You get a free, 15-day trial to check out Helix Native. Line6 couldn't have been more generous. There really is no excuse here if you use a cracked copy.

Sorry...

All software gets cracked if there's sufficient incentive. Heck, China copies and sells all kinds of intellectual property without consequences across the board. Apple has finally ended jailbreaking because they have enough cash to buy off all of the hackers.

If I wanted to use Helix native, I'd buy it....but I'm not going to get all that hot under the collar about humans being human.

Apple has finally ended jailbreaking because they have enough cash to buy off all of the hackers.
Are you saying that Apple identified every player in the jailbreaking game, gave each one money, and got each one to pinky-swear that they won't ever again try to hack their software? :p

Apple hamstrung the jailbreak community by aggressively rolling out updates that fixed the vulnerabilities that the jailbreakers were exploiting.

Nice try to get an illegal link ;)
It is available on every audio related torrent site btw ^^
My intention is to see that this thread is true, as I have clearly expressed in my comment, and I still think it is uncertain.
That you infer from it that I am trying to get an illegal link is not only a lie, but a disrespect.
Anyway you do show that you have many more experience in getting these types of links since you recognize knowing many sites where to get them.

My intention is to see that this thread is true, as I have clearly expressed in my comment, and I still think it is uncertain.
That you infer from it that I am trying to get an illegal link is not only a lie, but a disrespect.
Anyway you do show that you have many more experience in getting these types of links since you recognize knowing many sites where to get them.
Calm down, we're just kidding here ^^

I do a search with "R2R" and "Helix native" words and I do not find any evidence about what this thread says is true.
We are not talking about a fake?
Anyway there are some protection systems that have never been violated, i. e. syncrosoft (I own cubase 8,5) and there are others systems never hacked, so there is posible to release software without risk.
Anyway I have the feeling that Line 6 seems not have had much interest in protecting their software. Tried the demo and it was a simple online registration which doesnt seem to be the most robust system I think.

Have you ever heard of google.com and concatenation? o_O

I just typed "r2r helix native" in Google and hit search. Boom. First result was R2R's website with the file. Didn't click on it because I ain't getting malware!

Are you saying that Apple identified every player in the jailbreaking game, gave each one money, and got each one to pinky-swear that they won't ever again try to hack their software? :p

Not exactly. I don't know what they're doing precisely, but if I had all the cash in the world to accomplish it, I'd offer money for exploits, and draw up an agreement that the exploit can't be published until after it has been patched or the money doesn't change hands.

Apple hamstrung the jailbreak community by aggressively rolling out updates that fixed the vulnerabilities that the jailbreakers were exploiting.

Just my opinion, but I think you're giving Apple way too much credit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom