R.I.P Phillip Seymour Hoffman

You know, what Dr. Tyrrell said in the movie "Blade Runner": "A light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long..."
Talent often comes along with addiction, madness, pain and chaos....remember people like Freddie Mercury, Lane Staley or Heath Ledger....

We shouldn't bash those people, that they have done something "wrong"....they have enlightened people all over the world with their genius....that they died, is a shame, and how they died....so what... that happens to all of us in time.
Remember that guy as a great actor....and hey.....he died in a real "Rock n' Roll"-Way......

Dutch, let's not turn this into a p*****g contest and pick apart each other's opinions, because they are precisely that and we don't all share the same opinion. Back on topic.

There must be a psychological correlation to genius, social pressures and addiction.

Here's something that you all don't know:

I have battled with addiction for 15 years and it doesn't get any easier just because you acknowledge the fact. Does this make me stupid? Perhaps, but people aren't machines. I came top of my class from being a young child, because I was a loner and had no friends to distract me. I have a Masters in Bio and Organic Chemistry. I've been approached by organised crime gangs to build them high order explosives before now. Why? Because I fell into the wrong crowd and craved acceptance and emotional comfort from my peers, because I lacked the strength to regulate my own emotions. There is a fine line between stupidity and things that make us intrinsically human. Driving at speed is one thing, being an addict is a life long battle that transcends rationality and fore thought. I don't judge anyone, ever, for precisely this reason.

Back
Top Bottom