(R)evolution of Rock Guitar part 5-Fusion/Jazzrock - Axe-Fx II

rednebb

Inspired
I am listening to this, while I´m standing at the window and waiting for my Axe II. Tracking says "Shipment out for delivery".

Thanks for sharing. Great as always!

Wow.

Just... wow.

Thumbs WAY up Ketil. You just do the thing, and damn fine job you do it. Even bass chops? You bastard! :D

KILLER KILLER KILLER all the way across the whole video.

Wow.

And the Zappa video? Wow. All that from one man, a guitar and a black box. Insane.

Last edited:
Outstanding!

Loved the first series and lovin' the II series too!!!

The Metheny arrangement was sublime. Dig the ending on that one too.

Richard

You've got mad foot skilz.

Tap dancing plus playing the Zappa at the same time!

Not to mention your musicianship. The Metheny piece was exceptional.

ketil, you were possibly THE turning point in my decision to get an axe! ;)
your (r)evolution vids are FANTASTIC! Great playing, and you pretty much nailed all the songs spot on! ;)

and right about now, you also sold me on a II! :p

+1 that was fantastic!

your RoR vids were part of what originally sold me on the ultra. glad to see you are continuing the work with the axe II.

And to "Peaches," I don't know what's more impressive: the playing, the amount of switching you had to remember, or the amount of Axe-Fx II programming this took! Badass, man. Badass.

Great stuff- killer tone and chops. Your playing is what really hits home- very diverse and adept at quite a few styles. I watched all of your vids a couple of times through. Picked up a couple of licks and relearned a couple more. Couldn't touch the rest... Very inspiring...
Keep 'em coming....

Amazing playing and sounds. Thanks. I love your videos. When people say there aren't enough good videos of the Axe, I think of you. If there were only your video evolution of rock series out, that should've been enough to sell all the Ultras they could make.

Excellent Zappa video as well. What a feat (feet;-) of programming, playing and pedal dancing.

Fantastic playing, switching and programming/set up skills.

Re: Peaches-Would be interesting to hear what Dweezil as someone close to the Axe Fx 2 with his knowledge of how this amazing black box works, thinks about Ketil's version of this famous Frank Zappa tune.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it! And yeah, especially Peaches was a challenge, but it was also great fun experimenting with the II's amazing custom shifter and custom scales, it really gives amazing possibilites! And it also involved a lot of "tap dancing" like you say, it took a while to get the hang of it ;-) And yeah, it would be fun to hear Dweezil's opinion, although it might not be a good idea to ask him (considering license and copyright issues and stuff..)?

Back
Top Bottom