Quick try at plush

Sounds great. The chorus, in particular, has that nice, subtle swirl to it that the CD has. Still remember when this song dropped...wondering why Pearl Jam changed up their sound so much before I found out it was another band! :)

Sounds good. I'm sure the double tracked guitar makes a difference, but this is really close on. Cool song.

Sounds great. The chorus, in particular, has that nice, subtle swirl to it that the CD has. Still remember when this song dropped...wondering why Pearl Jam changed up their sound so much before I found out it was another band! :)

I started with the chorus but it didn't have enough movement (swirl). I switch over to a flanger to get some feedback. It very similar to what you can do with an ADA flanger, where it sounds more like a chorus than a flanger.

I started with the chorus but it didn't have enough movement (swirl). I switch over to a flanger to get some feedback. It very similar to what you can do with an ADA flanger, where it sounds more like a chorus than a flanger.
Nice! Your ADA settings are still my goto modulation settings for...most things!

One of my favorite songs to play! I'll have to try that flanger thing. I have a great rock tone for this song, but I can't get that chorus/flanger sound to be quite right.

One of my favorite songs to play! I'll have to try that flanger thing. I have a great rock tone for this song, but I can't get that chorus/flanger sound to be quite right.

I did an experiment and added a track with no effects and a bright version of the amp. It really locked things in and gave it that wall of sound. I might try a second amp to emulate this.

I'll post the patch so you can look at the flanger settings.

If it's double tracked, wouldn't you instinctively use the enhancer block to simulate that effect? I'm thinking you didn't with specific intent...but why?

If it's double tracked, wouldn't you instinctively use the enhancer block to simulate that effect? I'm thinking you didn't with specific intent...but why?

I'm going for a live patch. The freq based mode of the enhancer doesnt give the effect I would want. The classic mode isn't mono compatible. I try to keep all my live patches mono compatible. If I were to worry bout recording this, I would just double or triple track it.

Would the L+R Sum mode not be compatible with your current setup? Or is that what the classic mode doesn't work with (fake mono)?

Would the L+R Sum mode not be compatible with your current setup? Or is that what the classic mode doesn't work with (fake mono)?

classic mode doesn't work in mono. It just delays one side of the signal. It works with my setup, but I don't always have the luxury of playing into a board set up for stereo, so I shy away from the classic enhancer for live sounds.

The first time a had Sex.. yep! I had this song on Repeat the hole night ;)
I will always love this song for that reason,he he

I'll post the patch so you can look at the flanger settings.

Nice.

Recently I took the flanger from the Walking on the moon factory preset, changed the type to Triangle.
Like it, may replace my common chorus block.

Back
Top Bottom