Quick question: new to Solid State

You know, The Matrix 2U has been fantastic. For me, far better than the Bryston. Never gets hot and gives me everything I need. Interestingly, I bought a 2nd (1u) GT1000 and it did exactly what the Bryston did--went into thermal protect every time in about 15 mins, hot as heck. The 2U functions perfectly. My Bryston is still in the garage waiting to go back to Bryston. But, Both the Bryston and the 1u GT1000 failed utterly into a 4 ohm load. The 2U GTFX1000 runs cool all day long

You know, The Matrix 2U has been fantastic. For me, far better than the Bryston. Never gets hot and gives me everything I need. Interestingly, I bought a 2nd (1u) GT1000 and it did exactly what the Bryston did--went into thermal protect every time in about 15 mins, hot as heck. The 2U functions perfectly. My Bryston is still in the garage waiting to go back to Bryston. But, Both the Bryston and the 1u GT1000 failed utterly into a 4 ohm load. The 2U GTFX1000 runs cool all day long

OK. Thanks for responding.
Am I correct in assuming then that you never did get the Bryston serviced and nobody from Bryston has told you exactly why it went thermal on you?

From the sounds of it, there must be something particular to your rig that's caused both the Bryston and 1u GT1000 to have these issues.
Neither of those amps have a reputation for this sort of thing at all.

FWIW, if anybody cares....
Just to be safer I've decided to move my rack mounted power bar between the Axe and my 2B, with the 2B on top.

Back
Top Bottom