Quick Kemper vs AxeFxII shootout

shodan5000

Inspired
Super quick hard rock type of track I did just to compare the two units. Kemper is using a Dual Recto and Diezel VH4 profile. Axe is using the Dizzy Vh4 Channel 3 preset. I wasn't necessarily trying to get them to match. Just went to what I thought had a good sound quickly. Opinions?

Last edited:
I prefered the axe clip , but personally for my own stuff I'm much happier with the kemper amp modelling.

I've kinda learned not to trust swedish chefs ears after the recto thread....

Axe clip had more presence and definition/bite ..... but either preset could have been tweaked to sound similar I'm sure .... so like most kemper v axe head to heads it has no real outcome other than letting us know you're lucky enough to have both units!

Axe clip had more presence and definition/bite ..... but either preset could have been tweaked to sound similar I'm sure .... so like most kemper v axe head to heads it has no real outcome other than letting us know you're lucky enough to have both units!

Lol, true. I personally can't decide if I like one over the other in these clips.

Axe sounds so much better to me. Really.
I was listening to the first clip hoping it would be the Axe only to find out the name was in the link when clicking on the second one :)

Edit: listening again and realizing that the Kemper clip has something nasal going on in the mids that I don't like.

OP should do a profile of the axe-fx patch and a tone match of the kemper profile and put them up and then see who can tell the difference LOL

Usually I don't hear vast differences with this type of shoot-out... but to me here there's no comparison. #2 sounds a rumbling mess in the low end. #1 has much more clarity, intelligibility and note separation.

caveat emptor, headphones.

I think these types of shootouts aren't very useful, it's very easy to make one sound better then the other, whichever one you want, or even take 2 profiles, one good sounding one and a bad sounding one and say one is brand X and the other brand K. Nothing wrong with listening to a variety of clips from different sources to get a basic idea if you're interested in either unit, but to know for sure there is nothing better then playing them side by side if possible. I owned both for 6 months and guess which one is still here.... :)

I liked them both. But then again, THIS below is usually my 'go to' tone for 'Chaka Khan', so what do I know ?!?... ;)

Reactions: LVC
Just had a thought, does the Kemper have a software editor? I don't remember seeing any mention of one.

Back
Top Bottom