Quick control knobs

Nagi Mysore

Inspired
Is there anyway they can be permanently assigned only to say three or four functions like bass, mid treb and level... For all patches kinda like global setting...

I seem to use only axe edits and just even remembered that there are 4 knobs that I probably have not used almost at all... So maybe if they can be assigned permanently... It will be like a knob on a real amp

I can't believe they have not addressed this. Those four knobs go mostly unused when I use axe edit. They are kinda a waste of space that could be put to much greater use.

I can't believe they have not addressed this. Those four knobs go mostly unused when I use axe edit. They are kinda a waste of space that could be put to much greater use.

Yep. In fact i use them only to name Presets :mrgreen I am much faster to tweak by shorin my four fingers on the case, and using the thump to control navigation buttons and jump to the "big wheel" to edit the selected parameter, instead to focus my eyes away from the screen to the right side where the Quick Control controls are, move my whole hand to them, just to re-watch the display, which Quick Controls which parameter ... encoder which controls display menu based parameter on the other side of the frontpanel ... are ... more ... like ... lame controls ... sorry, FAS ;)

In common, i really LOVE the GUI and the User Interface since the Axe Standard, but those Quick controls are completely nonstarters from the beginning ...

Last edited:
Would love this, but considering it's like the 9,876th time it's been requested, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

What is currently the quickest and simplest way to access bass, mid, treble and drive with these knobs?

Hitting layout, moving to the amp block, and then hitting edit is annoying.

- Set your X or Y button to access the Amp (I have both so I can get to Amps 1 & 2).
- Then, navigate so that you're in the page with the BMT controls.
- Now, every time you hit X or Y you'll go straight to the controls and you can tweak.

I'm really surprised that this hasn't been addressed either... considering how many different things that can be accessed with ABCD, it just doesn't make any sense to not have direct access to what are probably the most used parameters of all.

Well, knob "A" obviously is assigned to scene switching.

But it'd be nice to have BCD assignable to controls, right from the Recall screen.

Well, knob "A" obviously is assigned to scene switching.

But it'd be nice to have BCD assignable to controls, right from the Recall screen.
Yes, We definitely need a sort of "Global Modifiers", like we have global blocks : a way to assign a modifier permanently to a parameter.
It's not a hard concept so it should not be hard to implement on XLs, please Cliff :)

I also REALLY miss the functionality that the quick control knobs used to have. It was so nice to be able to just say "this needs a little more modulation" and just crank the knob. I can understand why Cliff might have felt that the old style of function made operations when you were editing confusing, but it seems like making the B, C, and D knobs function more the old way when in "recall" mode (as others have suggested) would go a long way toward restoring the controls to 'really useful' status. Barring that, perhaps there could be an assignment where we could hit one of the front panel x/y buttons to activate the B,C,D controls. That would still be better than the current method of having to navigate to the Control page in order to activate them, which I'm betting almost no one is doing….

If this issue does get looked at it would be awesome if turning one of the quick controls gave an instant graphic representation of where the knob was set….

Hope they're able to take a look at this…but if not….still most awesome product ever….

Back
Top Bottom