Questions about updating firmware from 11 to Q6

geronimogarcia

Hi guys, Fractal Audio first time user here! I got my hands on an Axe-Fx II Mark II, with a really old firmware (11.something from 2013) and I'd like to update it to the latest firmware.

Any recommendations?
Is a straightforward process?
Should I follow the guide and that's it?
Should I do an intermediate upgrade to some version and then upgrade to Q6?

Thanks in advance! I'm super excited about my Axe-Fx, can't wait to update it!

Hi guys, Fractal Audio first time user here! I got my hands on an Axe-Fx II Mark II, with a really old firmware (11.something from 2013) and I'd like to update it to the latest firmware.

Just update to Q6.2. I have an MK-I and Q6.2 sounds fantastic.

It's going to feel like this. :D

The factory presets were all redone for Q6 by Fractal. Yes you can use FractalBot for this. You'll find the DL file in the same place as the firmware. You can load banks A B or C or all three. This WILL overwrite presets you've made yourself. It is entirely optional.

Make sure you load the AX Edit and Fractal Bot, then backup your FX., then install Q6. Thankfully, Fractal Audio is still supporting the older units so you should be good to go.

Presets created before FW 15 will not work with Q5 and up in the mark I and II units due to size limitations in the firmware ROM. You might be able to convert your old presets using Fractool though. Otherwise you'll have to make new presets from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom