QUestion/Issue with Pitch Shift.

nateb

Inspired
I have noticed some strange with the pitch shifter when using it as a detuner. The best way for someone to reproduce it is to goto the the Down Full Step patch(23) and disable everything but the pitch block in the front and aprigat a chord. I know this is not the optimal way of detuning a guitar but, I would suspect that it shouldn't be like this. It seems like the pitch shifter looses track. Is this as good as it will get or is there a problem here? I know there are other products on the market that can do this but, it would be nice to use the one built into the ultra (one of the reasons I bought the higher end unit.) Is there some sort of work around to this issue?

Thanks for reading,

-Nate

You have to set the Pitch Source to Local Poly if you're going to play chords. No other product tracks chords better than the Ultra in my tests.

FractalAudio said:
You have to set the Pitch Source to Local Poly if you're going to play chords. No other product tracks chords better than the Ultra in my tests.

I back Cliff 100% on this. I have a $7000 Eventide H8000FW and my Axe Ultra smokes it's pitch shifting on chords (and, for that matter, on single notes). After years of using various pitch shifters (including multiple Eventides), I am blown away that my Ultra can do what it does on a polyphonic source.

Hmmm.... I doubt there is a problem with my unit. I tried what cliff said and I can still hear it. Ill post a clip and you guys can tell me if it is as expected.

I appreciate the feedback.

-Nate

Back
Top Bottom