Question About "Global" Looper Behavior

DanielB

I normally do 4CM into my tube amp, but I recently needed to drop it off for repairs.

So now I am going directly into an RME Babyface Pro (with no 4CM obviously) and into my Laptop + a simple amp sim, with the FX8 doing all the FX. It sounds pretty good.

Here's what strange. I have the Looper set to "Global", but when I try to loop something, there is no sound once I hit play. If I change the Looper to Out (Pre) then suddenly the Looper works as expected again. Is this normal behavior? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of "global"? It would be the exact same going into a regular amp w/o 4CM.

Insights appreciated!

Regardless of “global” it has to be placed in a certain position in the signal path. Global does not mean “listening to every input or output” because then it’d record several audio signals at once. How would it know what signal you want it to record otherwise?

Global means “not per preset” meaning you can loop in one preset, change presets and the looper will keep going and remember the loop.

You have to choose the position of the global looper in any case. If you had it set to Post Out but then didn’t use the physical post out, you wouldn’t hear the looper solely because it was set to play after it recorded the post out (thus playing through post out as well).

If you only connect the physical Pre jacks, then the looper must be set to also play through the pre jacks.

Back
Top Bottom