Question about Firmware updates?

FractalGrinder

Inspired
What's going on guys, glad to finally join the AxeII ranks! I just got the AxeII before Christmas and it came with firmware 3.01. So my newbie question is :roll Do I need to download all the firmware updates (3.02,3.03) or do all these previous updates already come with the newest 4.01(and soon to be released 5.0) ?

Thanks in advance to your help while I try to get my brain adjusted to the I/O's of this awesome machine. I have 4.01 waiting in the wings till I figure this question out. From there I have to learn how to actually transfer firmware from Axe-Edit to my AxeII.... :? :shock Can you tell I'm sweating already?!?!:lol

Look forward to hanging and exchanging tones with my fellow AxeII brethren!

Last edited:
Firmware updates are inclusive of all prior enhancements. You can go from 3.01 to 4.01 and get everything. :)

As for actually updating the FW... Press Utility then page right until you see Firmware Update. Then go to Axe Edit and click settings. Then click Firmware Update and navigate to where you downloaded the firmware. Then press enter on the Axe II. Then send the firmware and wait for it to finish. Then restart after it restarts.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Don't forget to extract the .syx file from the zip. There's also usually a release notes, a pdf and [recently] updated Factory Banks.
The Banks will NOT update as part of the upgrade, but must be sent by the user. Firmware upgrade does not touch presets.

I think think you "need" to do the updates. It's not as though your machine will stop working. But it's to your advantage to keep up with the updates. Cliff keeps coming up with more cool stuff - and it enhances your AxeFx experience. So why not? :)

Kevin

I'd advise to update to 5.0 as soon as it comes out. You're probably still learning the machine and not too attached to, or finished with your patches yet, so it's a good time to update! ;) as you start to know the machine and get your patches really up to your taste, you might not want to update as frequent if you're not a tweaker. But the box was MADE to be tweaked if you ask me! :mrgreen:

As for actually updating the FW... Press Utility then page right until you see Firmware Update. Then go to Axe Edit and click settings. Then click Firmware Update and navigate to where you downloaded the firmware. Then press enter on the Axe II. Then send the firmware and wait for it to finish. Then restart after it restarts.

Great info and you explained it in such a simple,"layman's terms"......priceless! Thanks, bro :D

Don't forget to extract the .syx file from the zip. There's also usually a release notes, a pdf and [recently] updated Factory Banks.
The Banks will NOT update as part of the upgrade, but must be sent by the user. Firmware upgrade does not touch presets.

Cool, I would have probably forgotton that!:lol

Back
Top Bottom