Quantum 2.0 coming to the AX8 in 3... 2... soon?

Yes, I do miss being on the bleeding edge with the FW updates.... But that's the only thing I miss about the AxeII.

Hopefully future AX8 updates will follow the flagship at a quicker pace as FAS gets the update process between units ironed out.

Maybe us AX8 users will get to beta test 2.1 since (arguably) live players ride the volume more. Not counting on it. Just being wishful.

I don't want to be Debbie Downer, and I haven't been here as long as some folks, but I don't see AX8 users Beta Testing anything......

Received mine a few days ago and got it setup with a Fryette Power Station last night into a 412 cabinet.... Oh.... It sounded fantastic. Used the 5150 Red pretty much at default. It was huge. Jumping through the presets and they all sounded great. I will echo some other comments that the presets are really good out the gate.

Back to the OP, 2.1 will up the ante quite a bit I am sure. Sounds like Cliff has zeroed in on the volume cleanup thing that was bugging him. Didn't even know that was an issue. 2.0 is amazing from what I can tell as it has surpassed my tube amp (Peavey) long ago in dynamics.

Ok, a month later....

Quantum 2.01 coming to the AX8 in 3... 2... 1... Hoping very soon!!!

I wonder what other goodies they will have for us in the new AX8 FW? I'm sure there will be more than just the amp modeling updates!

Last edited:
I'm loving mine. Q2.1 will just be icing on the cake !
It's a good feeling to know that FAS is constantly trying to improve something that is already great.

:) Just loving this little unit. Think it's been so well thought out. Obviously, there can be improvements but for the first version, it's excellent. Not had my AxeFX on for a few weeks now haha.

Can't stop playing my Axefx 2 with Q2. The AX8 is being neglected and it's getting jealous.

Hopefully those AX8 beta testers like Q2 or I may have a war on my hands soon.....:)

Back
Top Bottom