Quality of delays in AxeFX II?

I just sold my Ultra, I have to get the II, the new delays and bit reduction are going to be huge!.... I would be surprised if Edge doesn't get his hands on this unit...very surprised. Thanks again Mr. Chase! Your business is really a turning point in guitar effects history! Good things happen to good people, and I hope for all the best for you!

Im sure the axe fx could pull the robotalk pedal thing off, like java junkie said, just a filter (with LFO or some controller) and delay....Its a cool sound for sure. I think a lot of effects people want are achievable with the axe fx, you just have to put the time into it. You can't expect Cliff to do everything. Something like the bit crusher though, I've literally spent days trying to get that sound with distortions and distortions in the delay feedback, and when I researched it I realized its in a different ballpark than the distortions/overdrives used in the axe. Im glad its getting added because I think its a tool for the user to build new effects...which is what fractal is all about in my understanding.

Im sure the axe fx could pull the robotalk pedal thing off, like java junkie said, just a filter (with LFO or some controller) and delay....Its a cool sound for sure. I think a lot of effects people want are achievable with the axe fx, you just have to put the time into it. You can't expect Cliff to do everything. Something like the bit crusher though, I've literally spent days trying to get that sound with distortions and distortions in the delay feedback, and when I researched it I realized its in a different ballpark than the distortions/overdrives used in the axe. Im glad its getting added because I think its a tool for the user to build new effects...which is what fractal is all about in my understanding.

For the record, I wasn't asking for a Robotalk sim. I was simply saying that I would love to hear the new Bitcrusher block after something like the sound he was getting at 3:15 in the video. ;) A little thinking out loud and a little planning ahead... :D

For the record, I wasn't asking for a Robotalk sim. I was simply saying that I would love to hear the new Bitcrusher block after something like the sound he was getting at 3:15 in the video. ;) A little thinking out loud and a little planning ahead... :D

For those who like that Robotalk effect:
That tone ('seek wah') can be obtained by using the random wah effect and experimenting with parameters. Check out factory preset 114.

That tone ('seek wah') can be obtained by using the random wah effect and experimenting with parameters. Check out factory preset 114.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't tried to mimic this effect in a while, but I remember having good luck with placing a bandpass filter with a narrow Q after the cab, then attaching a 16 step sequencer to the frequency in the filter block. The trick is finding the right sequence of events in the sequencer. Haha And raising the damping a little to get rid of the clicks and pops. So if any of you find some good sequencer settings, please share. :)

Robotalk has a much more elastic feel and warmer sound than the seek wah type preset. I've messed with it on the axe and putting to wahs or filters in series with the same settings came much closer. Now that we have a 4th order filter that may do essentially the same thing.

Iwas thinking flanger and bit crusher :)

Iwas thinking flanger and bit crusher :)

Indeed :)

Or a narrow bandpass after a cab, for that lofi sound, with some synth block white noise and an lfo attached to the mix parameter in the bitcrusher, which should yield some nice snap, crackle and pop. All in hopes of achieving that old, crusty phonograph sound. haha

Ahh I gotcha....ya, that would sound cool.

bit crusher

Big congrats on the Bit Crusher

-nice to have this one included in the mix as well as delay freeze.
Next up - a glitch/splicer effect please !

As I am unfamiliar with the "Bit Crusher" sound, would anyone care to provide a sample or point me to a good example?

KF

As I am unfamiliar with the "Bit Crusher" sound, would anyone care to provide a sample or point me to a good example?

KF

nasty, raspy, spitty, lo-fi - generally a wonderfully horrible sound :)

I'll do a clip with drive bitcrusher and with the delay.

Calling dr. Petersen, dr. Petersen, please report.

Err, well.... I know from reading that obviously this is something folks have requested for a long time. I can't stand it; it makes everything sound cheap and broken. I know lo-fi can be hip and cool; but speaking frankly and honestly... I dislike bit crusher stuff. The Axe-FX II does it really well; but it sounds intentionally crappy. I don't strive for that. ;) :D

To all that dig it, more power to you. Just not my flavor of ice cream.

Err, well.... I know from reading that obviously this is something folks have requested for a long time. I can't stand it; it makes everything sound cheap and broken. I know lo-fi can be hip and cool; but speaking frankly and honestly... I dislike bit crusher stuff. The Axe-FX II does it really well; but it sounds intentionally crappy. I don't strive for that. ;) :D

To all that dig it, more power to you. Just not my flavor of ice cream.

Sounds like the answer to the prayer of the gentleman in the other thread who was unhappy with the excessive perfection of the Axe-Fx.

Thanks for the quick responses; JJ I look forward to your clip.

nasty, raspy, spitty, lo-fi - generally a wonderfully horrible sound :)

I'll do a clip with drive bitcrusher and with the delay.

now all that's missing is FM and a Frequency Shifter and I can finally retire my Bitrman.

(edit)
before the 'what's a Bitrman?' question comes up:

bitrman_top_med.jpg

Err, well.... I know from reading that obviously this is something folks have requested for a long time. I can't stand it; it makes everything sound cheap and broken. I know lo-fi can be hip and cool; but speaking frankly and honestly... I dislike bit crusher stuff. The Axe-FX II does it really well; but it sounds intentionally crappy.

Not neccesarily! Before I sold my POD X3 live, I LOVED the 'Lo Rez' delay model. You could get some really eerie sounds out of it. :)

Back
Top Bottom