quality, affordable mic stands.....any 'real' opinions...

The_Kid

Experienced
Looking for a quality mic stand.

I would prefer tripod, not against the heavier rounded bases...but they load akwardly in the car on top of stuff....

I need it to be well balanced when extended, as I have a double mic clip that I use two mic's on for talk box purposes. My current board is 39x18....and when I set a mic stand to the side and extend the boom, its too top heavy...and of course club floors are never clean enough for tape to stick to.

So...I just got a Liquid Foot+12+ which is about 6" smaller than my previous GCP. so...I'll probably be downgrading my board's footprint into something smaller, so I'm not necessarily so concerned about the extension/weight aspect....though it will be awhile before I can get the new board.

I've read reviews on GC/MF sites and such, and no matter the price of the stand, there are always the "best stand ever made" vs "this stand is cheap and obviously made in Korea, dont buy it". Which makes it harder to purchase.

I would prefer not to spend more than $50-$60....but will consider anything.....

So....any options? Am I being too picky?

Tama. I don't remember the model or price. Had mine for many years, and they are excellent.

It looks like the hardware and build of the Tama's are great...but $99 a bit out of my range for a mic stand right now....Amazon has a ton of decent priced packs of stands and such...but i'm worried about quality as the reviews are so easily random on if its the greatest stand on earth or a piece of $hgh

If you need stability, go with a weighted stand. Tripod stands are stable in three directions, but they get tippy in the other three directions.

I'll 3rd K&M, but you could also look at doing a mount on your pedal board. I built one for my use and it works really well. It was all 3/4" plumbing parts that I bolted to the stand. No issues with it at all. I did wrap a little bit of gaff around the bottom of it where the screws hold the stand to make it a touch more stable. It won't fall over for anything. DM me if you want a part list.

I have that now Kevin...and its great, and is stable as all hell, i will eventually be shrinking my board down...and would like a full stand to be able to use for acoustic gigs as well....

Back
Top Bottom