Q about block on/off and channel select via MIDI

greiswig

Power User
I've searched for this, but haven't been able to find it yet.

I'm using an RJM Mastermind GT with my AxeFX3. I am not understanding something fundamental.

For example, suppose I want to set up an IA to access a specific channel of the Chorus 1 block:
1. To turn it on, I send a CC message of 64-127 via bypass controller #41, and to turn it off, I send a message of 0-63. Typically, these are set at the extremes.
2. The manual (p. 45) says that the value sent is what determines what channel is used. But If you set the channel controller # to the same CC# (41), all it does now is allow for changing the channel, not for controlling the bypass state.

Do I have to chew up a pair of Controller numbers to control both the bypass state and the channel for every block?

Do I have to chew up a pair of Controller numbers to control both the bypass state and the channel for every block?
That's pretty much how it is with MIDI. If you want to control an additional thing, you need to use an additional controller.

That's pretty much how it is with MIDI. If you want to control an additional thing, you need to use an additional controller.
That’s what I figured. Dang. Now I need to start a spreadsheet of what CC numbers are used. Would be nice to have the Afx2’s as a starting point for that.

Back
Top Bottom