PSA: Using a dual switch with the FM9

There’s only 12 switches in a layout. FM9 has 9 already so only 3 are available to be configured.
That doesn't make any sense... A layout is only relevant to external switches when you're using stand-in switches. And there are 8 layouts, each with 3 "unused" switches...

Why would Fractal make the pedal jacks work differently on the FM9? I don't get it.
To be perfectly honest, It’s a bit confusing to me as well. Seems like you’d default to the way the FM3 works so changing it would be a very conscious decision. Still, I’ll be just fine with no external switches I think.

Isn’t there a setting for that? 🤔
There is, but it only seems to work for Pedal #1 - #2 and #3 only work correctly with a Normally-Open switch like the Dual Mosky. I swapped my under-board switches with the ones in one of my Mosky boxes, and have been able to move forward, but there's deffo a bug in there.

Oddly enough, the FC6 pedal jacks want NC switches (and lack the polarity setting), so I moved the Mosky there, and split it to pedal jacks #3 & #4 via an insert adapter.

There is, but it only seems to work for Pedal #1 - #2 and #3 only work correctly with a Normally-Open switch like the Dual Mosky. I swapped my under-board switches with the ones in one of my Mosky boxes, and have been able to move forward, but there's deffo a bug in there.

Oddly enough, the FC6 pedal jacks want NC switches (and lack the polarity setting), so I moved the Mosky there, and split it to pedal jacks #3 & #4 via an insert adapter.
FC 6 with the FM9? I was thinking about that, but thought it might be overkill. Can’t see needing more switches if I use the FC6.

FC 6 with the FM9? I was thinking about that, but thought it might be overkill. Can’t see needing more switches if I use the FC6.
FM6 with FX3 and FM9. Plus 8 external switches on the FC6 and two on the FM9.
The OMG-R-U-NVTS-25 set-up.... 🤪
1001211816_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Ah man, what a bummer. Have enjoyed using a 2-button switch with my FM3 for Preset +/- and was planning to do do the same with the FM9.

I don't think this particular cable will be long enough and I'm searching for an alternative. I measured the distance between the jacks and the edge of the FM9 and it's about 12" (the length of the cable). I plan to have the switch beside the FM9 and need something about another 5-6 inches long. Or, looking for ideas on where to place the switch.

I don't think this particular cable will be long enough and I'm searching for an alternative. I measured the distance between the jacks and the edge of the FM9 and it's about 12" (the length of the cable). I plan to have the switch beside the FM9 and need something about another 5-6 inches long. Or, looking for ideas on where to place the switch.
I thought about mounting it right on top over the Fractal logo hahaha. Good spot but I don’t want to do that.

There are other TRS insert cables out there but not many have right angle ends. Here’s one…

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...MmQ4qlpRThpcrfBqlsRoCKEQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Side note: it is a little silly that the pedal jacks are in the middle and not the right end, isn’t it?

There may be others available that are longer....

Back
Top Bottom