Prospective Buyers Poll: Mark II or XL

Which version are you likely to buy?

• Mark II

Votes: 89 44.3%
  • XL

Votes: 112 55.7%

• Total voters
Valid variable missing here... $$. The word "expensive" was strategically used in the release thread for the XL when describing this new type of bullet proof memory. Obviously, most guy will want "the latest greatest", but the $$ is a real life factor here, if you want a realistic poll result -> to bank your production plans on. Although - your waiting list has been a very very accurate indicator/gauge in the past.

As of now - I personally am happy with my II and plan to keep it through III.

I'm excited upgrades are being developed but won't take the plunge until a significant next gen unit comes out (III???). I haven't been able to even begin to tap the potential of the II (Mark I). This thing amazes me as does Fractal customer focus and attention!

@ Cliff - Totally a reasonable price point, considering the upgrade - To the point that continued production of two models does not make sense?? Focus on one primary product if that is the case. IMHO

I'm hoping by August to have enough cash to upgrade to Xl, that's the plan at least for me.

Edit: Actually now that I know the price it might not take that long. I was hoping to sell my II at a cheaper price to give someone a break, I know a guy at church that's chomping at the bit for it. 2499.00 is a great price.

Last edited:
The future of AXE FX Development could include an expansion board slot - expansion mem slots - I could envision one of the expansion cards being a high bus width "Through port", where a single space chassis could reside below the AXE FX and an additional 4 +- expansion boards for a Ultra powerful version of the base AXE-FX unit could be grown - evolved as needs require.

Last edited:
Don't say that, I don't have enough for an XL, and there's no way I could convince my wife I need an extra $300! We need this to start recording our album ASAP!

@ Cliff - Totally a reasonable price point, considering the upgrade - To the point that continued production of two models does not make sense?? Focus on one primary product if that is the case. IMHO
Don't say that, I don't have enough for an XL, and there's no way I could convince my wife I need an extra $300! We need this to start recording our album ASAP!

The additional features of the XL are not needed for me (at least, at this time). However, I am concerned that I a buying a unit whose value is going to drop due to the XL being the "latest and greatest".
If both units were available today, I would buy the XL. It is not that much more money and is more likely to be the center of your attention from here out (until the Axe III).
Considering that until today, there was not a price and I was recently informed by support that there is not a official waiting list at this time, I was pretty well resigned to going with the -II. After all, it is a good unit and the biggest limitation to growth with the Axe appears to be processor limitations and that is not likely to be made any better with the -XL.
Also, it shouldn't matter if the value drops assuming I don't ever sell the unit.
So I am on the waiting list for the -II. If you started the official wait list for the -XL today (and we are not talking too many more months in the future) I would drop off the -II list and move over to the -XL list.

I will upgrade to the XL but can't say about the timing because
1. XL will have to be available
2. Will have to sell my II possibly?

The additional features of the XL are not needed for me (at least, at this time). However, I am concerned that I a buying a unit whose value is going to drop due to the XL being the "latest and greatest".
If both units were available today, I would buy the XL. It is not that much more money and is more likely to be the center of your attention from here out (until the Axe III).
Considering that until today, there was not a price and I was recently informed by support that there is not a official waiting list at this time, I was pretty well resigned to going with the -II. After all, it is a good unit and the biggest limitation to growth with the Axe appears to be processor limitations and that is not likely to be made any better with the -XL.
Also, it shouldn't matter if the value drops assuming I don't ever sell the unit.
So I am on the waiting list for the -II. If you started the official wait list for the -XL today (and we are not talking too many more months in the future) I would drop off the -II list and move over to the -XL list.

I don't think we will see any lesser support of the II, just need to decide if you need the additional features.

I will be sticking with the II, almost all of the upgrades on the XL are not needed by me which is home studio. In a live situation I'd prefer the XL, and I will someday purchase a 2nd unit for backup, so I'd probably get the XL but that is putting the tail before the horse, need a band first haha:)

Back
Top Bottom