Product Delay

I'm concerned that this conversation is on the verge of changing from a simple notification to another bicker-and-ban session.

People, it's ALL OK.

If you're the type who feels aggravated by other people's "issues" with your favorite brands, please try to recognize that while some people can be reasoned with about such matters, and may even respond well to a sterner type of interaction, there are in fact others for whom a company like Fractal is not the right choice. Learn to recognize and leave these people be. Do not antagonize them here.

If you're the type who brews bitterness over something like a delayed guitar product launch, you might just be better off buying something else and put your self at ease. We each need to do what's best for us. Perhaps one of the many "one-and-done" big box corporate guitar type store offerings (queue "Powerhouse" factory music by Raymond Scott). For the sake of easing into this change of course, you can say I told you that the FX8 will be launching in the year 2525 or sooner. I would also like to recommend an "excellent movie" called "The Agony and the Ecstasy" (1965).

To everyone else, be cool and hang on. I hope you'll agree with us that FX8 was worth whatever waiting. (And meanwhile, if you can spare a little extra, the Axe-Fx II XL+ makes for a killer 4CM rig -- and you get all that amp modeling capability too!)

Best,

I'd love to be able to afford both Cliff but sadly I can't. I'll definitely hang in there though, really looking forward to the FX-8 its gonna be worth the wait for sure. Come on guys be patience Cliff and the team are working as hard as a they can.

Thanks Anthony. It's good to hear that the Axe FX II XL has a low noise floor. But my question is concerning specifically to the 4CM, rather than using it direct as an all in one solution. I'm interested in hearing from people in the know, rather than comments based on speculation (no offense I hope :).

While we're waiting, is the noise floor on the Axe FX8 better than that of the Axe FX II XL?
Mmmmm...could be... :)
Cliff said:
I don't mean to toot our collective horns on this but I believe that the number one feature of this product is "No Tone Suck". The noise floor is amazingly low, you can't tell when the unit is engaged versus bypassed. The analog signal path design is pristine. We used these new Analog Devices premium op-amps which cost about 10x what other manufacturers typically use and the results are worth it.

Rex,

You're the man! Thanks for that piece of info I had missed. I'm very excited about the FX8, and can't wait to get my hands on it (though I admit I would also like to know more about the AX8 as well).

Thanks! :)

Rex,

You're the man! Thanks for that piece of info I had missed. I'm very excited about the FX8, and can't wait to get my hands on it (though I admit I would also like to know more about the AX8 as well).

Thanks! :)
It really is one quiet piece of gear. You don't hear a peep out of it—even if you power it down in the middle of a session. Not a pop; it just goes silent.

Thanks Anthony. It's good to hear that the Axe FX II XL has a low noise floor. But my question is concerning specifically to the 4CM, rather than using it direct as an all in one solution. I'm interested in hearing from people in the know, rather than comments based on speculation (no offense I hope :).

None taken boss, you're right, I didn't know you were referring to the 4CM. Glad Rex sorted you out man.

It really is one quiet piece of gear. You don't hear a peep out of it—even if you power it down in the middle of a session. Not a pop; it just goes silent.

Wow! That's great news. It's one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to digital processors, with the way they suck the natural tone of our expensive amps. The more I learn about the FX8, the more I want it. Thanks again Rex!

Are we any closer to being able to obtain one of these FX 8 or should I just put it on the back burner.
And forget about it for awhile.

The last update that I know of was by Cliff (I think) on March 25th. He stated that units would hopefully begin shipping within a couple of weeks. So, if that was accurate, they should begin shipping in a week or so. That being said, I'm just a dude who wants to buy one just like you. I don't work there, so anything could have changed. Hang in there, you'll be the envy of your friends "soon"....

Ah that's cool thanks Jeremiah. Just wondering should I stay on the edge of my seat or should I relax.

Fractal is awesome.

Thanks for the info.

Still Waiting and wondering

My guess from what we've been told is another week or two (I hope). I also hope we all get one in the first batch.

Well considering I sold my Axe effects to get this one.
Got way to many shows coming up for wishful thinking.
Hope fractal can be a little forthcoming on this in the future.
The not knowing makes it very difficult to plan.

Back
Top Bottom