Preset leveling disable for input

gaaarfild

1706897006463.png

Hey folks,
I have such a layout. Where input 1 is a guitar and input 2 is a backtrack pedal.
And I have 3 outputs.
I use Output 3 in my rehearsal room, where I need my guitar and backing track to sound from one speaker. On the gigs, I usually give separate channels for that. So output 1 for a guitar and output 2 for the backing track. The schema is on the screenshot.
When I was building my new preset this time I decided to use a preset leveling on the outputs. But the problem is, that I don't need to level the backing track pedal. It must always be the same volume. I already suspect the answer is "Don't use preset leveling in this case". But maybe there are any solutions that you have? Or maybe even better ideas, given, I need such output-input mappings.
Would be grateful for any ideas.

Use the Preset Leveling Tool. It adjust the amp block level and does not change the OUT blocks at all.

Use the Preset Leveling Tool. It adjust the amp block level and does not change the OUT blocks at all.
Yes. That's what I wanted to avoid. It is so convenient to level it on the preset level on the output. But I guess, I will have to do as you said. Thank you!

Preset leveling is used to normalize the volume across all the scenes in a preset, then to normalize the volume across multiple presets if necessary.

This is a snapshot from one of my presets…
Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 11.54.01 AM.png
We can adjust the Amp levels, and/or we can adjust the levels for Out blocks 1 and 2. I use Amp1, level it to 0dB across all the scenes, and when I'm done all the other presets, because they've been leveled the same way, end up being the same output level.

For your case, use your Out 2 level as the reference volume that must stay the same, and adjust the other scenes to match it so when you switch scenes the volume remains balanced. Do that for other presets as needed.

If the device on In 2 is sending too hot of a signal then adjust the output it's sending to the Fractal so it sits at 0dB. Or, maybe, add a limiter to its signal path so it's capped at 0dB. Like they say, there are many paths to Rome.

PS - Because you can adjust the Amp level separately from the Out 1 and 2 levels you can adjust the Out 2 to 0dB, and the Amp 1 (and 2) levels for your guitar's signal that land on Out 1 to 0dB and the signal levels will balance.

Last edited:
Preset leveling is used to normalize the volume across all the scenes in a preset, then to normalize the volume across multiple presets if necessary.

This is a snapshot from one of my presets…
View attachment 134321
We can adjust the Amp levels, or we can adjust the levels for Out blocks 1 and 2. I use Amp1, level it to 0dB across all the scenes, and when I'm done all the other presets, because they've been leveled the same way, end up being the same output level.

For your case, use your Out 2 level as the reference volume that must stay the same, and adjust the other scenes to match it so when you switch scenes the volume remains balanced. Do that for other presets as needed.

If the device on In 2 is sending too hot of a signal then adjust the output it's sending to the Fractal so it sits at 0dB. Or, maybe, add a limiter to its signal path so it's capped at 0dB. Like they say, there are many paths to Rome.

PS - Because you can adjust the Amp level separately from the Out 1 and 2 levels you can adjust the Out 2 to 0dB, and the Amp 1 (and 2) levels for your guitar's signal that land on Out 1 to 0dB and the signal levels will balance.
Thank you for the detailed explanation! I will try one of these ways.

Back
Top Bottom