Preset Increment Issue

mferrand

Inspired
Hey All,

I have a problem that I can't figure out. I want to use HOLD Function of footswitch 3 to increment the Preset number by 1. I use 6 presets, numbers 480 thru 485.
I have it set up as shown below. Pressing HOLD on the Footswitch should increment the Preset by 1 until it gets to 485 and then warp around to 480. Right?

What is happening is that whatever Preset I am on, I press HOLD and it will jump to 480. Any thoughts?

1628294808394.png

when you say "whatever preset i am on" do you mean you are on a preset between 481 and 485 and it jumps to 480?

Yes, that is correct. If I am on Preset 483 and press HOLD it jumps to 480 when it should go to 484.

1) So it's the Per-Preset Override that performs the preset increment, correct?

2) What are we looking at in post #1 — the actual switch definition or the Per-Preset Override?

3) Have you programmed exactly the same Per-Preset Overrides into all of these presets?

4) What layout are you on when you get the undesired behavior?

Rex,

1) So it's the Per-Preset Override that performs the preset increment, correct? - Yes correct

2) What are we looking at in post #1 — the actual switch definition or the Per-Preset Override? - Per Preset Override

3) Have you programmed exactly the same Per-Preset Overrides into all of these presets? - Yes

4) What layout are you on when you get the undesired behavior? - 1 Presets (See below)

1628358682438.png

I just tried it and it works. Mind you you have to configure the per-preset overrides for each of the presets in the range, which is a bit tedious. But it can be done if that’s the way you want to do it.

Here are the Presets, labeled 480 thru 485 to correspond with where they are in my user bank.

Attachments

• 485-Van Halen.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 484-Rebel Yell.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 483-Sweet Child.syx
  • 482-Marshall JCM800.syx
  • 481-Hiwatt DR504.syx
  • 480-Fender Twin.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
any reason you're using Overrides at all - which need to be made for each preset - rather than just changing what Layout 1 does?

Preset 480 has to have the PP#3 hold function defined to increment the preset.
Preset 484 has the PP#3 tap function defined to toggle scenes 1&2. It requires a looong press to activate the hold but it does increment the preset.

any reason you're using Overrides at all - which need to be made for each preset - rather than just changing what Layout 1 does?
The scenario that springs to mind for using overrides is that you might want to have different sets of presets that you want to cycle through.

Preset 480 has to have the PP#3 hold function defined to increment the preset. - I do not use the increment on Preset 480
Preset 484 has the PP#3 tap function defined to toggle scenes 1&2. It requires a looong press to activate the hold but it does increment the preset. - This does not work for me. It jumps to 480

Chris - I'm using overrides as I may want different functions based on the preset and, my presets are a Hodge-podge of stuff from my Axe II

After a bit of digging I found that in your system backup you have

MIDI/Remote>PC Mapping ON

When turned OFF, it works as expected. Whether it is a bug or not I don’t know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
After a bit of digging I found that in your system backup you have

MIDI/Remote>PC Mapping ON

When turned OFF, it works as expected. Whether it is a bug or not I don’t know.
It's not a bug. He has PC Mapping turned on, but he hasn't defined any mappings.

Also, @mferrand, on preset 480, you don't have Per-Preset 3 Hold set to what you think you have it set to. :) Check that one.

Back
Top Bottom