Preset Increment Issue

It's not a bug. He has PC Mapping turned on, but he hasn't defined any mappings.
Undoubtedly my lack of knowledge but when I read the documentation I’m not clear as to why the interaction between the footswitch settings and PC Mapping is happening. And excepting the case where a Control Switch is being used to generate MIDI, I would have thought the functions orthogonal to each other. And it only happens when using a range. If the target is a specific preset it works as expected. Just curious.

Undoubtedly my lack of knowledge but when I read the documentation I’m not clear as to why the interaction between the footswitch settings and PC Mapping is happening. And excepting the case where a Control Switch is being used to generate MIDI, I would have thought the functions orthogonal to each other. And it only happens when using a range. If the target is a specific preset it works as expected. Just curious.
I think you could look at it either way. Yes, the two methods could be orthogonal. Or it could just be consistency: if i want my FM3 to pull up preset 100 when I tell it "preset 1," I probably want that to happen across all methods.

Also, it's consistent with past behavior.

It's not a bug. He has PC Mapping turned on, but he hasn't defined any mappings. - That was it! Thanks.

Also, @mferrand, on preset 480, you don't have Per-Preset 3 Hold set to what you think you have it set to. :) Check that one. - Yes - this is intentional.

Thanks for everyone's help. I would not have expected the PC Mapping On / Off to effect the Per Preset change. So this is not a bug?

Back
Top Bottom