preset corrupted with latest AxeEdit?

eda123

Inspired
All,

After migrating to the latest axeedit, some presets of mine are completely muted. No sound... but the input lights do move on the front of the axe.

Attached is one such preset- can anyone tell me what is wrong with this?

If you haven't updated the firmware to 5.04b, change some of the new params and save it the patch will be silent in the older fw I have discovered

yeah, im using 5.04b with the latest axe edit. everything got hosed up when i synced my banks using the latest axeedit-- 5.04b was fine before this.

the output leve on the FILTER block is (was) set to -80 dB.. (basicaly OFF).
Change to 0 (zero) and it works.

i knew there was something i was missing :)

I could have sworn i bypassed everythign last night except the amp / cab..

Thanks guys!

the output leve on the FILTER block is (was) set to -80 dB.. (basicaly OFF).
Change to 0 (zero) and it works.

Strange mine was not showing up as -80 (in axe-edit). i reset the level and the volume came back but the balance was off.
I closed axe-edit, changed to another preset, restarted axe-edit, loaded the preset and it loaded fine.

Seems like there is lots of bugginess with global blocks.. the filter was a global block and had its level set to -80db in the patch i posted. that happened when syncing using the latest axeedit for the first time.

Today, I had the same thing happen when I copied/pasted a block between patches. Sometimes (not all the time) when i pasted, the level was set to -80.

And when I save / link to a global block in AxeEdit, then save the effect, it shows as "unlinked" until i change to a different preset then back again.

Heres another issue in AxeEdit.

I create a GEQ1 effect, save/link in AxeEdit. Change preset to another and back again, shows as "linked". all good there (but wish i didnt have to change presets to see its linked). but the settings on the GEQ are nothing like what I just set them to.

Now i go to another patch. Insert GEQ1, then load/link from the save above. I get a flat EQ that is nothing like the global block i saved either...

Can someone else reproduce this?

I'm glad to hear others are experiencing the same thing. I thought I was losing my mind or misunderstood global blocks. They probably work when initializing and linking using the Axe interface but AxeEdit is too unpredictable. I've stopped using them.

The last build with the latest firmware did indeed have some bugs.

Help is on the way.

I have not yet updated AXE Edit with that last update..
Is it advisable to refrain until these possible issues are addressed, or is this isolated to only a hand full of users??

Should I stay or should I go now??

As a note the latest Axe Edit also corrupted presets while being used with my Ultra (v11). The Ultra didn't crash, but Axe Edit would crash when trying to open the preset. I did notice that many params were jumbled, like tuner prefs changing, some blocks that weren't edited having their volumes reduced to zero etc.

It's somewhat amazing that Axe Edit is still so buggy so many years after the Axe was released!

The last build with the latest firmware did indeed have some bugs.

Help is on the way.

As a note the latest Axe Edit also corrupted presets while being used with my Ultra (v11). The Ultra didn't crash, but Axe Edit would crash when trying to open the preset. I did notice that many params were jumbled, like tuner prefs changing, some blocks that weren't edited having their volumes reduced to zero etc.

It's somewhat amazing that Axe Edit is still so buggy so many years after the Axe was released!

I realize that the developers are trying to do their best, but having one's tools shit on one's work gets old after awhile.

Not to ask stupid questions, but the firmware changes tend to push the need to update AxeEdit. If the Ultra isn't getting a FW update and works fine with AxeEdit then why update it?

Back
Top Bottom