Preset conversion problem : User Cab doesn't work

Dimedroid

Hello. I just found a Malmsteen tone match preset made by the youtuber Cesário Filho. Really liked the tone.

So I converted it via Fractool. First problem; I can't see any amp/effect blocks on Ax8's screen. Blocks are all empty. The other problem is there's an annoying buzz which is terrible for recording.

Master volume on amp block is set to 6:00. I noticed that is the source of the buzz. But you can't get the same tone with a lower master volume. Is there a way to fix it?

Axe Fx 2 preset link is in the first comment of the video.

The AX8 doesn't support a tone match block so you cannot make use of FracTool to convert this preset for the AX8. Someone with an AxeFX2 would need to export the TM block into an IR that you would have to load into the AX8 cab block.

The Axe-Fx doesn’t have footswitches, so the AX8 wouldn’t have footswitch assignments suddenly. Just put what you want there.

Sorry Al but I think it would be good to correct Christ's statement in this thread to avoid misunderstandings.
I see in the Fractool thread that the source of the noise is a shunted Gate2 block, but I want to clarify the tonematch export:

The AX8 doesn't support a tone match block so you cannot make use of FracTool to convert this preset for the AX8. Someone with an AxeFX2 would need to export the TM block into an IR that you would have to load into the AX8 cab block.

Fractool can export the tonematch as an IR, here's the procedure, first be sure you have the last version of Fractool (currently v3.15):
1-Drag and drop the 6,33kB Axe2 preset file into the Fractool magnifying glass icon (view)
2-You will see the grid with all the blocks, right click in T-Match block, click on "export tonematch", select the destination folder and Ax8 destination format, you will obtain a 10,6kB syx file named "p006720_CesarioFilhoMagnumOpusPreset-tma" this is the tonematch export IR.
3-Now you can convert the preset, drag and drop the axe2 preset file into the hard drive icon (convert to local files), choose ax8 format, you will obtain a 12,6kB syx ax8 preset file. Note that this converted preset has a shunt where the old Tonematch block was, now you can open ax8-edit, import the preset and put a cab block where the tonemach block was, now open the cab manager, import the tonematch IR export into an empty user slot, then point the cab block to the exported IR, click save...done!

Last edited:
Sorry Al but I think it would be good to correct Chris's statement in this thread to avoid misunderstandings.
I see in the Fractool thread that the source of the noise is a shunted noise gate 2 block, but I want to clarify the tonematch export:

Fractool can export the tonematch as an IR, here's the procedure, first be sure you have the last version of Fractool (currently v3.15):
1-Drag and drop the 6,33kB Axe2 preset file into the Fractool magnifying glass icon (view)
2-You will see the grid with all the blocks, right click in T-Match block, click on "export tonematch", select the destination folder and Ax8 destination format, you will obtain a 10,6kB syx file named "p006720_CesarioFilhoMagnumOpusPreset-tma" this is the tonematch export IR.
3-Now you can convert the preset, drag and drop the axe2 preset file into the hard drive icon (convert to local files), choose ax8 format, you will obtain a 12,6kB syx ax8 preset file. Note that this converted preset has a shunt where the old Tonematch block was, now you can open ax8-edit, import the preset and put a cab block where the tonemach block was, now open the cab manager, import the tonematch IR export into the user cab, go to the cab block and point this block to the export IR, click save...done!
Correct

Sorry Al but I think it would be good to correct Christ's statement in this thread to avoid misunderstandings.
I see in the Fractool thread that the source of the noise is a shunted Gate2 block, but I want to clarify the tonematch export:

3-Now you can convert the preset, drag and drop the axe2 preset file into the hard drive icon (convert to local files), choose ax8 format, you will obtain a 12,6kB syx ax8 preset file. Note that this converted preset has a shunt where the old Tonematch block was, now you can open ax8-edit, import the preset and put a cab block where the tonemach block was, now open the cab manager, import the tonematch IR export into an empty user slot, then point the cab block to the exported IR, click save...done!
Thank you for this long answer. I did it step by step but this time preset had no sound when I selected the user cab. And some blocks are missing as you see on the screenshot. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 21.12.38.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 21.12.38.png
    331.4 KB · Views: 20
Ok just changed the effect type to stereo on cab settings screen and no sound problem has been solved. But I still have buzz. I think problem is about missing blocks. Hmm

Ok just changed the effect type to stereo on cab settings screen and no sound problem has been solved. But I still have buzz. I think problem is about missing blocks. Hmm
Already answered too, see all the locations you asked the same question ;)

Hello again. I solved my conversion problem on fractool. But now I have a basic problem about User Cab. So I changed the title.

I exported the tonematch block as an IR and imported it to converted preset on Ax8-edit. Everything was fine, I saved it. But user cab didn't work when I reopened the preset. When I bypass cab block I get sound. So obviously I'm doing a basic mistake. I searched it on youtube and google but couldn't find the answer. What's my mistake here?

Hello. I just found a Malmsteen tone match preset made by the youtuber Cesário Filho. Really liked the tone.

So I converted it via Fractool. First problem; I can't see any amp/effect blocks on Ax8's screen. Blocks are all empty. The other problem is there's an annoying buzz which is terrible for recording.

Master volume on amp block is set to 6:00. I noticed that is the source of the buzz. But you can't get the same tone with a lower master volume. Is there a way to fix it?

Axe Fx 2 preset link is in the first comment of the video.

Any chance to share the original preset?

Back
Top Bottom