Preset builds/tips/tricks - youtube - Fractal FM3

Paul Bradshaw

Inspired
Hello,

not sure if this is the right place to post this, trying my hand at youtube again with a better setup finally =)

Using an FM3 mark1 , the idea being to make a preset under 5 minutes, it'll be a series of videos with quite a basic approach with quick results for certain tones or setups that i'm interested in

i might look at further tweaks/considerations at some point, there's so much to learn about this unit and maybe some people want to just start off easy

any comments/criticism welcome

thanks

Last edited:
Nice.
I did notice what seemed to be quite a volume change between your clean picked notes, compared to your drive tones.
How well do you think that would work in a live band situation?

Nice.
I did notice what seemed to be quite a volume change between your clean picked notes, compared to your drive tones.
How well do you think that would work in a live band situation?
thanks =)

yes that was with the sort of pedalboard into an amp situation I was used to in bands I was in, usually pushing the amp more and getting more volume as well, given the other guitarist was also pushing more volume (competing with an attenuated plexi was sometimes quite the battle)

with more time for tweaking, I'd probably do more balancing with volumes if needed and some other tweaks, to have less of a jump in volume, it's not ridiculous but I know what you mean

I might expand at the end depending on the sorts of tones I'll go for in these sorts of videos, we'll see

thanks for the feedback

Nice thanks for sharing , I never did a preset like this , alway delay,reverb,chouses after the cab, now got to start experimenting 😎
thanks 🙏

yeah i also tended to do this but have started putting delay/verb either between amp + cab on hi gain amps (sort of like an amp fx loop) or like this all in front of the amp, i seem to prefer it

if you're more used to hearing everything through cabs it seems to feel more connected to what you're used to hearing, feels different

definitely worth experimenting with in any case

I enjoyed this. It struck me as odd that the fx were in front of the amp but thinking about it, it was the way I used to do it in the olden days. :)

I used to use a Wem Copycat (tape delay) into the front of various Marshall amp heads with great success so your idea works out great.

I am going to give your preset a try when I next plug my FM3 in as it does sound really nice.

Thank you.

I enjoyed this. It struck me as odd that the fx were in front of the amp but thinking about it, it was the way I used to do it in the olden days. :)

I used to use a Wem Copycat (tape delay) into the front of various Marshall amp heads with great success so your idea works out great.

I am going to give your preset a try when I next plug my FM3 in as it does sound really nice.

Thank you.
thanks =)

yeah there's something about running all the effects into the amp like we used to , that just has a thing to it, i have a small board setup that goes into a not very clean Vox AC10 , reverbs/delays all take on a bit of that saturation afterwards, it's awesome

thanks, i absolutely love what Leon does, it isn't meant as a rip off

I'm trying to build something from scratch under 5 minutes, it's a slightly different spin on things

might have value for people who want to see a preset built from the ground up
Paul I really appreciated this video! I have made my own preset based on it and had a killer time noodling around with it. I look forward to seeing more like it!

Haven't watched the video yet.. being a newFm3 owner though, I like the idea!

I'm guessing you didn't do any IR auditioning in this video.. or you would have had to rename it 5 hour presets :D

Back
Top Bottom