Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

The front panel around the buttons is steel and covered with a polycarbonate overlay. The bezel is anodized aluminum.

Cliff - apologies if already answered but do you have an approximate weight of the unit? And for sake of research is the modeler about as heavy as the AFX II & XL+? Thanks! Great looking design my man!

Yeah ! Awesome news ! I will finally be able to plug the 6 separated pickups of my hurdy gurdy into the Axe !!!
I am on the waiting list :)

Am I understanding this correctly; the Input blocks replace the FX Loop block?
In my understanding: YES: The dedicated four IN & OUT Blocks, freely routable in the grid make the FX Loop Block obsolete. Much more felxibility, in comparison to the fixed IN / OUT Blocks of the Axe II. Great evolution of the concept :)

Does it have global blocks and how many of them? Can you name them?

This is an important one to me, too. If not the naming part, I’d at least like to know that this key feature is brought forward into the III. I’ve seen it asked a couple other places here as well, but no reply as yet.

@FractalAudio

The AX8/Axe FX 2 had a feature where you could toggle between scene 1 and scene 8. Does the Axe FX 3 have the same feature for channels? I use this feature to toggle between my rhythm and lead sounds using a single button. I hope they kept this feature of have a similar feature.

Last edited:
In my understanding: YES: The dedicated four IN & OUT Blocks, freely routable in the grid make the FX Loop Block obsolete. Much more felxibility, in comparison to the fixed IN / OUT Blocks of the Axe II. Great evolution of the concept :)

This is reason alone to upgrade for me. This will be amazing for any guitar players with piezo, synth or other adds to the Fractal rig. Already on the waiting list! Great stuff Cliff and team. Congratulations.

MM

This is reason alone to upgrade for me. This will be amazing for any guitar players with piezo, synth or other adds to the Fractal rig. Already on the waiting list! Great stuff Cliff and team. Congratulations.

MM
Yea this has me reevaluating my keyboard setup. I may go back to using mainstage and have the axe III as my interface since you can route the USB input anywhere in the grid too. Nice flexibility to have.

It looks like a great unit and worthy of the upgrade but one thing I just cant understand that was left out is wireless editing capability? With bluetooth and even wifi chips being so cheap now, I don't get why this capability was left out.
Have to agree here. Big advantage these days to have that capability.

Vanity question: Can you change the color of the illuminated Axe-Fx III badge in firmware? What about skins\themes for the color screen?

I'd like mine decked out in traditional Fractal green :)

Do any beta testers know if the damping time has been increased in the Edit Modifier Window? Or if you can adjust the up and down time independently? Also if you attach a controller to a parameter, is that controller, and it's settings, attached to all four channels of the block?
What would be the ultimate for me is a dampening curve, so the value can change depending on pedal position. I can think of several uses.

Vanity question: Can you change the color of the illuminated Axe-Fx III badge in firmware? What about skins\themes for the color screen?

I'd like mine decked out in traditional Fractal green :)
Well it was said that it is not dimmable, so I would assume not color changing either.

It looks like a great unit and worthy of the upgrade but one thing I just cant understand that was left out is wireless editing capability? With bluetooth and even wifi chips being so cheap now, I don't get why this capability was left out.
A whole new software development isn't exactly cheap. Can't just look at the chip cost.

Back
Top Bottom