Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

Hi guys, talking about the foot controllers is it possible to use the FASLINK with a simple XLR patchbay? Or the patchbay blocks the signal flow from the Fc controller to the Axe Fx? In other words do I have to plug the controller directly to the Faslink input on the Axe Fx or can I use a patchbay to simplify things?Is it necessary a particular patchbay? Thanks for the help.

Hi guys, talking about the foot controllers is it possible to use the FASLINK with a simple XLR patchbay? Or the patchbay blocks the signal flow from the Fc controller to the Axe Fx? In other words do I have to plug the controller directly to the Faslink input on the Axe Fx or can I use a patchbay to simplify things?Is it necessary a particular patchbay? Thanks for the help.
i'm pretty sure that all versions of FASlink can work through a patchbay, since it's simple XLR 3 pin wiring. i think that was one of the reasons for developing it actually, and i seem to remember it being in the announcement of FASlink v1.

i'm pretty sure that all versions of FASlink can work through a patchbay, since it's simple XLR 3 pin wiring. i think that was one of the reasons for developing it actually, and i seem to remember it being in the announcement of FASlink v1.
Good to know. I'm not a Fractal user by now but I'm planning to buy the Axe 3 so It would be great to use the Faslink with a XLR patchbay. Thanks for the reply!

It works for the Axe Fx II...

My wife is telling me it's ok to spend the money on a III. What's a guy to do??

I bought an AX8 a few months ago, and love it. My II is setting idle. I wish I knew if/when the AX8 will get the horsepower increase...

My wife is telling me it's ok to spend the money on a III. What's a guy to do??

I bought an AX8 a few months ago, and love it. My II is setting idle. I wish I knew if/when the AX8 will get the horsepower increase...

You already know what to do, liquidate the ii and buy the iii; futureproof yourself

You already know what to do, liquidate the ii and buy the iii; futureproof yourself
I hear you, but I am not willing to go back to lugging around a small rack and MFC (or whatever foot controller). The AX8 form factor just does it for me.

That said, I agree that I should liquidate the II and MFC.

I hear you, but I am not willing to go back to lugging around a small rack and MFC (or whatever foot controller). The AX8 form factor just does it for me.

That said, I agree that I should liquidate the II and MFC.

if you can afford it, why not leave the III home for playing and recording and the ax8 for live play?

if you can afford it, why not leave the III home for playing and recording and the ax8 for live play?
I can afford one or the other, Axe iii or future Ax8, not both. I suppose I could sell the iii when the new Ax8 comes out, but that Could be next week for all I know.

I can afford one or the other, Axe iii or future Ax8, not both. I suppose I could sell the iii when the new Ax8 comes out, but that Could be next week for all I know.

Willing to bet there won’t be a new ax8 for at least 2 years so the axe iii platform has time it mature before it takes floorboard form

About how many units per day are being shipped out?

good luck getting that answer, and i imagine it varies from day to day relative to invite orders, left overs from unfulfilled invites, production, etc.

also, they don't want to give unreasonable expectations or discourage anyone i'd guess

Yeah, just tying to get an estimate on delivery. Gigs and shows to do you know. From what I gather they are delivering on late January orders.

Yeah, just tying to get an estimate on delivery. Gigs and shows to do you know. From what I gather they are delivering on late January orders.
I think you may be confused. Those who have "ordered" have so far gotten "delivery" within a few days.

Every one else is on a "wait list". We are waiting to get an invitation to place an order...

Nothing is late. We have no way to know how many units per day are shipping, and FAS isn't going to tell us.

Soooooo, would the FX8 work better as a General Midi Controller?
I have both an AX8 and FX8.
did you ever get anywhere with this ..? I am a MIDI ignoramus and would re ally appreciate some assistance in getting my FX8 properly setup as a MIDI only controller for my III.......

Oh man......almost had a heartattack......! Just got an email from Fractal that started with “Presenting” and of course I thought it was my FC invite, but it was just SOMEBODY bumping this thread.:mad:;)

Back
Top Bottom