Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

This is the nature of modeling improvements. If the modeling changes how can you expect the sound not to change?

Yes it's a pain, but it's also why FAS treats FW versions as seperate entities. I have 200 plus gigging presets that I tuned to perfection back in pre quantum FW 17. When I gig I just load that up, restore my banks from backupd and gig. Then when I get home, I load up the current FW. Only takes a couple minutes and really is no big deal.
Err, your entitled to your opinion obviously, but for me, it's big deal. There are many different firmwares over the past few years where I have "perfected" the tone I want, not just one.
For me, the idea of being able to create a preset, and for it always to sound exactly the same as I intended when built, regardless of the current firmware, would be a big deal. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm sure there are others who agree... Especially those who produce presets commercially.
Which is why I purposely pointed the question to someone at Fractal (or a beta tester) Maybe, just maybe the firmware and programming platform has also changed - significantly enough to allow this. Maybe the new unit is able to accommodate all firmwares, or has the ability to remember/keep all internal settings, parameters from previous versions? I dont know I thought it was a reasonable question... Who knows what the new unit is capable of.?

Can anyone speak to the behavior of Reverb/Delay "spillover", when for example, different block reverb/delay "channels" are being used when switching scenes? Please tell us that the "channel" switching keeps spillover trails intact. =)

The front panel around the buttons is steel and covered with a polycarbonate overlay. The bezel is anodized aluminum.

Thanks for clarifying that out.

Bummer, I really like the all anodized aluminium look but I'm sure you guys have chosen that for a very good reason.
Can't wait to see (and hear) some videos about this new awesome beast.

Will it be able to host, two guitarists, a bass player and a mic pre? If it could have 3 amps and their cabs then every single band will just buy one of these and BOOM show automation on EVERYTHING

I haven't read all the posts yet , but this is a pretty stellar idea for a beefed up , next generation AX8.
2 amp capability , with separate effects and cab chains ,. Controllable with a single scene controller , plus bass. AX-ALL

Question for anybody in the know on the new III
Will the firmware updates change your existing presets - Like it does currently with the existing/current models?
This is my biggest issue with the AXE FX2. The hundreds of hours fine tuning the finest detail to get the tone exactly where I want it.. Only for a new firmware to take away all my precious hours of perfecting...
I'm almost positive it'll use different things software wise and you'll need to start from scratch

I'm completely happy with the Ax8 as I've been able to create tones I've had in my head forever. HOWEVER, I can only imagine the tone sculpting one could achieve with the capabilities of the new cab block features! Some creative financing in the near future ... Keep up the great work FAS!!

I'm guessing that it'll have 2 amp blocks, each with X / Y sides...
in the Axe-III, are all 4 amp models loaded so that X -> Y switching is immediate / seamless?

I just really hope I made it in on the waitlist early enough to get mine in the first round of units, I don't think my anxiety could handle waiting any longer than that. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom