Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

This looks really nice. I'm totally jealous of all the beta testers. I love my XL+ and will probably hold onto it, but I'm definitely on that wait list.

THIS:

4-effect-types-table-364x1024.gif

What about it?

I notice two Send/Return blocks - YEAH, FINALLY! - and, something that's not mentioned in the table, the fact that you can place outputs anywhere - FINALLY!

Otherwise it doesn't look much different from what we have now, does it?

What about it?

I notice two Send/Return blocks - YEAH, FINALLY! - and, something that's not mentioned in the table, the fact that you can place outputs anywhere - FINALLY!

You're seriously underestimating the power of 4 separate channels for most blocks. Not to mention four iterations of blocks like drive and delay. This is a MASSIVE jump in what a single preset can accomplish.

You can place inputs anywhere on the grid too.

It is most definitely a Fractal product. It is most definitely not what you have now. :)

it's awesome, great new specs and sound very powerfull.
Depending on the new CPU power and the 800x480 color screen, maybe it's not be too difficult to reach a more " sweet graphical" interface on knobs, switch, menus... just my 2 cents

Will it be able to host, two guitarists, a bass player and a mic pre? If it could have 3 amps and the drives then every single band will just buy one of these and BOOM show automation on EVERYTHING

It can only have two amps it seems. And it doesn't seem to have mic pres. So two guitars (or a guitar and a bass) and a vocal (or maybe two vocals) with external preamps.

Will it be able to host, two guitarists, a bass player and a mic pre? If it could have 3 amps and their cabs then every single band will just buy one of these and BOOM show automation on EVERYTHING
As long as you only need two AMP blocks you might find that one unit works for that many people at once.

There is no mic pre.

The I/O is certainly flexible enough to make this possibly.

It looks great. I'm also in the 'don't need, but want' category.

I am disappointed that there's no backwards compatibility with the MFC tho.

Cliff said the new controllers weren't backward compatible with the Axe-FX II (series), but did he say the MFC-101 wasn't forward compatible with the Axe-FX III? I see MIDI IN/OUT/THRU on the IO. MIDI CC's are MIDI CC's...
I do not, however see the CAT5 (or whatever) port... would necessitate a FASLink adapter.
Not trying to sharpshoot you, but I really want this point to be clear if it's correct or not.

It can only have two amps it seems. And it doesn't seem to have mic pres. So two guitars (or a guitar and a bass) and a vocal (or maybe two vocals) with external preamps.

IMHO it’s a good decision to not include hardware such as mic pres that hardly anyone uses and would bump the price.

Back
Top Bottom