Power conditioner cables?

SamiT

Hey.. I was wondering what kind of power cables do I need to use in order to use a Furman M-10x E power conditioner.. Can't really seem to find out.

Thankyou

Ok C13/C14 that's what I thought.. so there is no "industry standard" cable that should be a no brainer to get? Basicly any cheapo cable will do?

And should I power my other hardware through the Furman too? (PC... Monitors..)

Thankyou :)

Hi SamiT,
as an electrician technician, I can tell you that, if they are sold, they meet the standard... On cable terminals usually there are all the regulatory references (NEMA, VDE, IMQ, etc...)
Only one thing: i saw 2 version of these cables, WITH or WITHOUT ground wire.... buy only those with ground....
All of these are quietly cheap, 'cos they're electrical power cables, not signal ones, so no gold connectors required...
I suppose that if you use a power conditioner, you use a rack. The only hint i can give to you is to keep this cables as short as possible, or at least, don't tie them up in coils.... Tied in this way they can generate magnetic fields, and hence audio noise (Hum) ... try don't buy 3 mt cables, if you need them 50 cm long...
The number of devices you can power depends on the electrical absorption of each of them, you have to make the sum of the individual absorption and the result must not exceed the maximum capacity of the power conditioner
I hope I explained myself, because of my poor English .... if you have any doubts do not hesitate to ask

Massimo

The only hint i can give to you is to keep this cables as short as possible, or at least, don't tie them up in coils.... Tied in this way they can generate magnetic fields, and hence audio noise (Hum) ... try don't buy 3 mt cables, if you need them 50 cm long...
Massimo
That is good to know! I have a power cable that I've been using for my axe to Furman, and it's coiled up! Do you know where a good place to find regular 3-prong, wall-outlet style to Axe IEC cables can be bought at very short custom lengths, and with nice flexible cable? I think I need less than a foot.

Hi,
I don't know where SamiT lives, I think in Europe, 'cause I've found the Furman M-10x E for sale on Thomann (I think final E stay for "European") ..
In which case suitable cables could be like those that can be found on Amazon, searching for

LINDY 30319
LINDY 30511
LINDY 30514
LINDY 30517

Sorry but I can not post links because I have not reached the 10 posts yet

For anyone interested in boutique power cables, Pangea from Audio Adviser. Price is great for boutique cables.
http://www.audioadvisor.com/products.asp?dept=260#perpage:500

Wow... "Boutique" power cables and "Audiophile" wall outlets? Seriously, that site has so much snake oil my browser is dripping. Few industries can sucker people out of their money like the Hi-Fi crowd can. What's worse is half of them actually believe their crazy claims and try to back them up with junk "science."

I just bought this Hosa for $6.20, and it's great because now I can leave my AXE plugged into my Furman and still fit the rear lid on my Gator 3-space rack case! Awe yeah! Surprised there aren't more of these right-angled connector-ends out there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 11.22.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 11.22.05 AM.png
    282.4 KB · Views: 8
Wow... "Boutique" power cables and "Audiophile" wall outlets? Seriously, that site has so much snake oil my browser is dripping. Few industries can sucker people out of their money like the Hi-Fi crowd can. What's worse is half of them actually believe their crazy claims and try to back them up with junk "science."[/QUO

Whatever works for you, sorry if I hit a sore spot.
Just some info for whom it may concern, on this friendly forum.
Wouldn't It be great if we were all the same?
Variety is the spice of life.

Last edited:
Monoprice sells cables of nearly everything lenght you can think of, such as 1 foot, 2 foot, 3 foot, right angle, straight plug etc for a few bucks each. They work great.

Its also pretty easy to make your own. You can buy 3 prong plugs for a couple of bucks and you just take a cord thats too long, cut the end off of it, strip the insulation back on the 3 inner wires and attach those to the correct color coded connectors on the plug in. Do a little research to find out what color is say, ground, which is hot, and you'll have a nice custom length cable. I did this for most of mine in my rack, when I needed custom lengths.

Whatever works for you, sorry if I hit a sore spot.
Just some info for whom it may concern, on this friendly forum.
Wouldn't It be great if we were all the same?
Variety is the spice of life.

No harm intended. Sorry if my post came across rough. There's just a lot of misinformation out there and plenty of people ready to profit from it. It's the American way! :p

Back
Top Bottom